cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Overcharging - Beware

N/A

At present we have a 1MB ADSL account abd are billed at a rate of £32.99, but new customers can have the same account for £29.99 - Something PlustNet do not want you to know.

Futher to this, the 2mb account unlimited has a fee of £39.99, but all you need to do is set up at £31.99 and if you bandwidth exceeds the set limits, they will bill you up to the max of £39.99 in rthe months that you do. Again this is not documented on their web pages.

So beware PlusNet will RIP you off unless you question them.

Source: ANDY ON THEIR HELPDESK Sat 26/6/04 12.45pm

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Don't use all capitals titles - it is considered rude and shouting. Also, BBCode doesn't work in titles so that was removed.]
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The new products and costs are clearly labeled on the products pages so I don't see how you come to the conclusion that PlusNet don't want you to know about them. Because they are new products based on a new costing method which BT have recenty introduced, you are not automatically switched to them, you have to request this. As a result none of the existing products features and costs have changed and you remain on them until you decide to move.

There is also an upgrade FAQ which details and costs to switch to the new products - http://www.plus.net/support/faq/upgrade_guide.shtml#q7 - and if you look you will see, if you agree to a new annual contract, the switch to the new product for you is free, if you want to have a monthly contract you pay £11.75.

As for the 2Mb reference you made, PN charge £1.90 for every 1GB above your capped rate. So if you chose the minimum product with 4GB included, and you used over 10GB you will be charged a max of £31.99 + 6*£1.90 = £43.39 and not £39.99 so that info you gave is wrong. So if you will pay more if you exceed your limits by more than 6GB and it would be cheaper to go for the premier product. The fee for going over your limit is detailed in the FAQ here. and the link to it is on the main products page.

There has also been a lot of discussion about the new products here, on ADSLguide and on usenet.

The info is readily available, so perhaps it's worth you doing a bit of research first before making accusations.
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: ADSL Overcharging - Beware

Futher to this, the 2mb account unlimited has a fee of £39.99, but all you need to do is set up at £31.99 and if you bandwidth exceeds the set limits, they will bill you up to the max of £39.99 in rthe months that you do. Again this is not documented on their web pages

If you are on a lower priced, capped, 2MB package, the maximum cost is £44.99 a month not £39.99 month.
N/A

Had you read my post you would have seen that all the imformation was supplied by plusnet helpdesk straff, namely Andy, maybe you sould look within before accusing your customers. Train your staff so that they give correct information and not as it would appear crap.
csogilvie
Grafter

Neither Peter nor I are members of staff.
N/A

As for the 2Mb reference you made, PN charge £1.90 for every 1GB above your capped rate. So if you chose the minimum product with 4GB included, and you used over 10GB you will be charged a max of £31.99 + 6*£1.90 = £43.39 and not £39.99

Hmmm just where on plusnet does it state this information, cetrainely not on any pages i have viewed and obviously not anywhere your helpdesk staff, namely Andy can see or read.
csogilvie
Grafter

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The Broadband Home FAQ also answers this question.
The £39.99 charge that you are referring to is the cost of the Premier option which also you to use as much bandwidth as you like.
N/A

Okay so the page details the additional charges, but if you carew to look at the sign up page, no where does it inform you of any of this information nor does it point you in the direction of any information
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

On the first page of the registration where you choose your speed and bandwidth click the More Info link, and then the FAQ is linked on this page (View our FAQ).
N/A

If its all that clear, how come Plusnet help desk staff don't know about it?
N/A

I contacted Plusnet this morning who told me the same story but stated that the additional bandwidth charge was a maximum of £10 making a total of £41.99.

I too was not informed by plusnet of the reduced charges in the new pricing structure.

Come on boys what is happenning?Huh
csogilvie
Grafter

Noone has been informed, yet. As I understood something I read somewhere, they were going to wait until the other new products were rolled out before deciding to contact all users or not.
N/A

Having spoke to Customer Services I raised a ticket to upgrade to the 2meg service. A response to the ticket was made by Plusnet stating different pricing to that I was given over the telephone.

On reading the forums it seems that there is another plusnet user who, just like me seems confused. We are being told a number of different things by Customer Services and the 'contact us' people. It seems nobody at Plusnet seems to understand fully the new pricing structure cause you can't seem to get the same story twice. What chance have the customers got?Huh
Community Veteran

Can you please send an email to Ian Wild (iwild@plus.net) with your ticket number and details of what was quoted wrong to you and he will talk to the agent concerned.

Ian is responsible for Agents giving out correct info so this is necessary as it should mean Ian can 'educate' the agent again and stop wrong info being quoted.