cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

I'm probbably jumping the gun, and am probbably just being impatient, but....

Ordered ADSL on Saturday, choose D/D as payment, and was told that you would take payment within 3 working days at the latest, by the looks of things, and according to my bank nothing has happened yest? Is the three days an optamistic viewpoint, and if so, generally how long will I have to wait?

Just am scared there has been a problem, as thats just my kinda luck!

Cheers

Justin
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Read the information regarding direct debit when you signup.

It takes several days to activate a DD before PlusNet can take payment and begin progressing the order with BT. You would be best to input credit card details and the let them use these for payments until the direct debit is activatied.

Chris
N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Hiya,

I have read the information, shich states three working days, hence why I posed this, I would have done it via card, but had a small issue with my card, and had to get the bank to send another one out, which should be with me later this week, According to the information I got when I signed up, it would be three working days :

"Please remember that your Direct Debit can take up to three working days to
process before it becomes active. If during this time you receive an
automated email requesting payment by any previous means, you may safely
disregard it."

Just guess I am getting over excited as this is the third working day.

Justin
Community Veteran

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

This means that the direct debit will normally become active tomorrow.

If you used a postal form for your direct debit it will take a lot longer than this however.

Chris
Community Veteran

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

It can take up to three days for Plusnet to 'activate' the direct debit. Once it is activated, it then takes a further two WORKING days for them to request the payment.

This is not a plus-net problem, this is how the UK banking system works.

Of course, it is possible for this time-frame to be a lot shorter, but this is the worst-case.

B.
N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Hmm, When I have set up an account in the past using purely direct debit, it has always taken at most 3 working days. It's just that nothing actually shows up (well, with me anyway) on things like online banking (the direct debit normally appears after a week) but I've had direct debits setup and payment taken in 3 working days before now from PlusNet. So you'd probably be looking at tomorrow Smiley
N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Hmm, When I have set up an account in the past using purely direct debit, it has always taken at most 3 working days. It's just that nothing actually shows up (well, with me anyway) on things like online banking (the direct debit normally appears after a week) but I've had direct debits setup and payment taken in 3 working days before now from PlusNet. So you'd probably be looking at tomorrow Smiley

Yeah, just reread a few emails I got when I signed up :

"Your initial ADSL payment will be taken on or after 15-07-2003, once
your bank or building society has confirmed your Direct Debit
instruction. You will receive a confirmation by email once this payment
has been taken. Your regular monthly subscriptions of will begin once
your account is activated."

Hope it's sorted tommorow, if not I will give support a bell!

Cheers

Justin
N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Order Placed mid-day Saturday, here we are 2.45pm on Thursday and still it hasn't had anything done to it. This is the 4th working day (5th if you include Saturday) since I ordered, and still nothing, despite being quoted 3 working days max by the support team.

You see, A long time ago, I worked out I was cursed, I have just never had any luck in my life, and this is another example of it, everyone else seems to get things done in three working days, but me being me, I have to be the exception to the rule, this is just my kinda luck!

Come on Plusnet/Barclays, sort it out, grrr!
N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

That may well be your problem.

Barclays seem to take forever on these sorts of things.

I deal with a lot of inter-bank transfers, and I quite regulary find that Internet transfers, which should be fast, seeing how it's auto-mated from start to finish, takes twice as long, as posting a cheque and having it clear.

From the day I was posted a cheque, it took 4 days to clear. The tranfer took 9 days.
Community Veteran

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Direct Debits are actually very manual processes for both the banks and the merchants, credit / debit card has always been the most flexible and fastest way to buy anything.

Chris
N/A

ADSL Order Status/Delay?

Yeah, Although if anyone from plusnet is reading this, I got this in my welcome email on Saturday :

Please remember that your Direct Debit can take up to three working days to
process before it becomes active. If during this time you receive an
automated email requesting payment by any previous means, you may safely
disregard it. Your Direct Debit instruction will take precedence. We will
contact you however, in the unlikely event of there being a problem with
your Direct Debit instruction.[/quote[

What annoys me, is I think Plusnet should change that to say a few more working days than it actually says, as from what they have told me in that email, it is like it will be done in three days at the latest and if it is not there is a problem.I feel they are misinforming me, I know it's not in their hands, but I still think that they are kinda misinforming me.