cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL ON Mac OS X

N/A

ADSL ON Mac OS X

Is anyone on this forum connected with Mac OS X? Just wondering if anyone has managed it.

Les
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL ON Mac OS X

> Is anyone on this forum connected with Mac OS X? Just wondering if anyone has managed it.
>
> Les

What hardware are you planning to use Les? We have a couple of Mac's running 10.1.5 on our network over ADSL and they all work perfectly, even if you don't have much faith in the USB stuff, you could always just ethernet it across.

Let me know if you want any further info, and I'll see what I can do.

Incidently, Alcatel have posted 10.1 drivers on their site, and they say it isn't Beta, so, fingers crossed!

Steve
N/A

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I bought myself a webshuttle DSL as it is supposedly OS X ready.

I have two problems, one is that the line seems not to be working, i.e. modem is saying 'no signal'

The second is that the driver software isn't remembering the settings. Network prefs is working just fine, but up until this morning I had to re-istall the drivers after system sleep or restart which is ridiculous

Don't suppose you can help, but it was good to get that off my chest ;-)

Thanks Les x

N/A

It's funny, I received a macwarehouse cataloge this morning, and was just about to advise you check out that very product Wink

Let me know how you get on with it if you don't mind, I've dealt with Hermstedt before, and would be interested in hearing about their DSL stuff for our clients.

My email is steve@geostream.co.uk

Steve
N/A

I have been trying for a few days with an SMC Barricade router and MAC OSX, but I get no sync (sync light keeps flashing; connection between my computer and the router on the other hand is fine). Plusnet had BT check their line and everything seems ok, still my router does not sync.

Does anybody have any idea of what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Dante