cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Nightmare - Help

N/A

ADSL Nightmare - Help

Just tried to get the ADSL up an runnning.

Have a SpeedCom + series ADSL PCI modem.

Modem is installed, and software too

Using Conexant Access Runner

Set all the settings as it should be.

Just tries to dial and then disconects.

Help?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Nightmare - Help

does it show the line up?

When I have had problems it has been when some other equipment is pluged in to the line.

Disconect everthing else modems phones etc and try again. Check the username is user@plus.net

> Just tried to get the ADSL up an runnning.
>
> Have a SpeedCom + series ADSL PCI modem.
>
> Modem is installed, and software too
>
> Using Conexant Access Runner
>
> Set all the settings as it should be.
>
> Just tries to dial and then disconects.
>
> Help?

N/A

> does it show the line up?

No. Every time it tries to activate the line in the AccessRunner control panel it just puts a cross into the status.

All the VPI/VCI settings are set correctly.

If you press ALT+P in the Access Runner control panel, you can do a loopback test, but that seems to fail as well.

N/A

If you are using 2000/XP make sure you have not checked the Require data encryption disconnect if none check box on security tab of connection properties.

I have also found that having the require secure password selected in the drop down box gives a better chance of connecting (mine usually hangs at verify user name for several seconds if this is not set)

Please let me know if your ready light is on constantly or flashing. My modem has solid link and flashing ready led.
N/A

Ignore that last post, you are not getting that far :p
N/A

I had the same problem, it just kept trying to connect-disconnect-trying to connect etc. Some kind soul on the forum told me to change the modulation type from (whatever the plusnet instruction guide says - g.dmt?) to the ANSI one, and it worked first time and has worked for the last 4 months.

If the ANSI one doesn't work then try all the others I think was the advice I received.

But if it doesn't work for you make sure you change the modulation back to what the instructions say!

PS) Just tried disconnecting and trying to connect again with the modulation set to g.dmt (like the plusnet instructions say), and it doesn't work.

PPS) Sorry if I've misread this, very late indeedy...