cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Move

N/A

ADSL Move

I am moving home, it's about a mile up the road so it will be the same exchange, and the same number.

do i just need to move the number to the new place and it would work ? or id it not that easy?

Any idea's would be welcome
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL Move

Unfortunately its a new pair of wires to your new premises even if you are keeping the same number.
BT will need to remove the ADSL from the old wires onto the new ones.
So you will need to follow the move option available on the portal which can be found under the "Account details" on the left of the page.
N/A

ADSL Move

Hi John, thanks for your reply, does this mean that the £65 fee would be implimented ?

Regards
N/A

ADSL Move

Unfortunatly, yes.

A move is effectivly a new activation at the new house. As such, new activation charges apply.
N/A

ADSL Move

This 'moving charge' is the reason why I will be leaving plusnet this summer,
shame really coz I am very happy with Plusnet but I have already paid this charge once and I may be moving house every few months next year! I just cant afford it! Sad Sad
N/A

ADSL Move

have you tried to negotiate with plus, surely it is better to come to some deal than lose you all together ?
N/A

ADSL Move

have you tried to negotiate with plus, surely it is better to come to some deal than lose you all together ?

not yet, but I will be ringing them in the near future I dont understand it, because i not aware of any other ISPs that make the same charge