cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

N/A

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

Not too sure where to turn on this one.

I contacted support but they just said it must be XP+SP2 or drivers.

My link light on my modem indicates that it keeps dropping sync with the exchange. This happens randomly/ Some times I can be connected for an hour or two other time not even seconds. It's getting soo frustrating.

Exchange info from user tools says there aint no problem.

I have had stable connection before when I last signed up with plus net. This was from the same house + same modem.

I'm very puzzled about where to turn next.

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

The Exchanges checker is of little use where your connection drops sync, and can only show a possible problem where you get slow speeds, but a stable connection.

Where you are having problems, you are advaised to follow the Troubleshooting guide and the Wireing & Filter tutorial in the Tutoria& FAQ forum.
N/A

ADSL modem dropping sync

Have you upgraded your account to a faster connection? I had problems with going from 512k to 2mb as a faster connection is less tolerant of line noise etc. and my connection would drop at all sorts of randomn times.
N/A

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

It was not an upgrade.

I had absolutly no problem with my current set up before. I then cancelled my plusnet contract because I was hoping to move house. This then fell through so I re-activated my line through plusnet and haven't been all that impressed with what is going on to be honest.

Is it me/plusnet or bt. Plus net seem to think it is me but I can't see how.
Community Veteran

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

I suspect the problem lies with BT.
If you have had a cease and a reprovide then its odds on that you are now connected to a different card in the exchange than you used before.
By the sound of things this "new" card could be faulty.

I think your best course of action here is to raise a link:contact us ticket with support and request that BT do some thorough checks on your line and exchange equipment.
N/A

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

Tha's what I thought as well, have raised ticket so wait to see what happens.
N/A

ADSL Modem Dropping Sync

Same problem here I think, constant disconnect/reconnect. The longest I have been connected is about 20 mins. I have no trouble reconnecting, sometime when the connection dies it takes a while but this always connects within a min of it dropping. Odd :/