cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL MAX QUERY

N/A

ADSL MAX QUERY

Hi, my exchange Bangor (NI) has just been enabled for ADSL MAX as part of the BT trial (today!). I am currently on Plusnet Broadband Premier (£21.99). I am on 1Mb as due to my distance from the exchange I was unable to get 2mb. The BT broadband checker now shows I may be able to get 3Mb now. Can anyone tell me if my speed will increase in the near future or will I have to move to a different account to get this increase?
thanks
8 REPLIES
Wheelie
Grafter

ADSL MAX QUERY

Sorry pete3

I believe all the customers that are taking part in the trial are on 2MB at first so unless they start rolling it out for slower speed later you are stuck with 1MB at least untill ADSL MAX is rolled out for everyone next year Sad
Community Veteran

ADSL MAX QUERY

I have 2mb and asked about upgrade to maxdsl which indicates 3mb plus. I was told that to get the speed upgrade I would need to change to £29:99 upto 4mb. Currently on bb premier 21.99. or I could go for bb plus at 24.99 to get the speed increase for only a pound more however that would mean missing out on fatser downloads during peak.

Plus Net need to make up a page which compares all products and all prices. at present it just includes the details for upto 2mb packages on plus premier and pay as you go.

hope this helps

acewheelie -- will we all be given maxdsl automatically next year?

A
Wheelie
Grafter

ADSL MAX QUERY

@ amcclean

All I know is that you need to be on one of the higher account when it comes out ie: up to 4MB @ £29.99 or up to 8MB @ £39.99 If you are on one of those products the speed increase will be free. I am guessing if your on £21.99 then there will be a charge but time will tell.
N/A

ADSL MAX QUERY

Hi,

Thanks for your replys, nice to get some more information. It's a pity to hear that I may have to pay a lot more to get a faster speed, but should I not at least be moved to 2Mb at no extra cost? Hoping anyway!

thanks

Peter
Wheelie
Grafter

ADSL MAX QUERY

Hi pete3

I think the free upgrades were only for the 2MB connections and since you say you are to far to get more than 1MB you thats the offer over for you. MAXDsl is a totally different product so unless you want to start paying for up to 4MB in the near future and then get it for free when it is finally released you will have to wait and pay as and when its available.
N/A

ADSL MAX QUERY

Thanks Acewheelie,

I almost guessed your answer. Its a new product so different terms and conditions apply. I think I'll wait for now and see how things play out.

It could be a help if PlusNet emailed all their customers in the trial exchange areas to advise them of the new speeds and associated packages that are now available.

Pete
Wheelie
Grafter

ADSL MAX QUERY

Hi pete3

Plusnet have sent out all the emails to everyone who is eligible to take part in these trials already today I today I think they went out so now its a waiting game for the rest of us Smiley
N/A

ADSL MAX QUERY

http://www.srae88.plus.com/res_packages.html Layout of current packages written by me.

If your on a trial exchange and havnt been invited you wont get a speed upgrade for free.

Pete3. You will have to pay to get an upgrade to 2mbit. If the checks says 3mb, then BT shud be able to upgrade u 2 2mbit atm, if u pay plusnet £15 to do the manual regrade. They've prob now decided that ur line can take 3mbit although origionall the guess was 1.

Kinda irritating, but it costs plusnet, so they charge u. Its business.

When DSLMAX is rolled out. u can ask to get regraded then to the max ur line will take. But if u stick on the current package u'll get limited by plusnet at 2mbit. may be better holding off b4 u regrade if u wish 2