cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL+Linux

N/A

ADSL+Linux

Anyone any experience of using their ADSL Plusnet account via Linux?

What's the Linux alternative to Access Runner?

Anyone used the Netgear DG814? (Windows OR Linux?)

Connexant PCI ADSL card + static IP address
Linux 8.1

cheers!

6 REPLIES
Jim
Grafter

RE: ADSL+Linux

WHY?

N/A

I do, but using the Plusnet router not the PCI card. In this case, I just plug in a netowrk card to my PC and connect this to the router. Then when I booted my PC into Linux it found and configured the ethernet card. Then I can access the internet. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the PCI card.

Jon
N/A

>
> Anyone used the Netgear DG814? (Windows OR Linux?)
>

Hav used the DG814 with both windows and linux, with no problems what so ever..

However, my ignorance will not allow me to do any form of media streaming.. Don't know if it's my adsl account limitation or my mental limitation Shocked)

ZakSta
N/A

I use Mandrake Linux 9.0 with the Alcatel Speedtouch pro router without any problems, also have a small wireless network hooked on to the back of the main linux box providing my laptop (which is also running linux) with its internet connection.

Ali
N/A

Unless you have a good knowledge of kernel rebuilds do NOT go for the PCI option as it is a fairly major undertaking, certainly not for the fain hearted. BTW I didn't look before I jumped and am now dual booting again Sad

N/A

> Anyone any experience of using their ADSL Plusnet account via Linux?
>
> What's the Linux alternative to Access Runner?
>
> Anyone used the Netgear DG814? (Windows OR Linux?)
>
> Connexant PCI ADSL card + static IP address
> Linux 8.1
>
> cheers!
>
Used quite a few DG814's both NAT & NON NAT mode (only on Win98 & Win2K),good router never gives any problems, can get a bit hot if you block the ventilation holes.

Lenny