cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL != Leased Line

N/A

ADSL != Leased Line

Yes, I'm dissapointed with the service over the past couple of days, but why do people expect compensation? Section 11 of the T&Cs states "Whilst we endeavour to provide a continuous service, we give no warranty that the Service(s) will be continuously available." So PlusNet are not obliged to provide 27X7 ADSL or a free backup service. If you need a reliable 512K internet connection, get a leased line, it'll cost a couple of grand to get it installed and about £500 per month for the service. Why is it so expensive? Because it's a guaranteed service based on a reliable (therefore expensive!) platform. No service provider would guarantee a similar level of connectivity for £55 per month. If you can't afford a leased line, but need reliable internet access, then you'll have to pay extra by either using 0845 when needed, or having an unmetered account as a back up for your ADSL - preferably with a 2nd ISP, just in case. If your supplier cant guarantee business continuity, then you have to do it yourself.
It's like the case of the business man trying to get compensation from EasyJet for a lost deal caused by him being bumped off a flight and missing a meeting. If the meeting was that important, he ought to have taken a flight with BA for £200 rather than wasting £60 on an EasyJet ticket he couldn't use......
As always, you get what you pay for, some people just don't seem to undersatnd what they are buying....

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL != Leased Line

> Yes, I'm dissapointed with the service over the past couple of days, but why do people expect compensation? Section 11 of the T&Cs states "Whilst we endeavour to provide a continuous service, we give no warranty that the Service(s) will be continuously available." So PlusNet are not obliged to provide 27X7 ADSL or a free backup service. If you need a reliable 512K internet connection, get a leased line, it'll cost a couple of grand to get it installed and about £500 per month for the service. Why is it so expensive? Because it's a guaranteed service based on a reliable (therefore expensive!) platform. No service provider would guarantee a similar level of connectivity for £55 per month. If you can't afford a leased line, but need reliable internet access, then you'll have to pay extra by either using 0845 when needed, or having an unmetered account as a back up for your ADSL - preferably with a 2nd ISP, just in case. If your supplier cant guarantee business continuity, then you have to do it yourself.
> It's like the case of the business man trying to get compensation from EasyJet for a lost deal caused by him being bumped off a flight and missing a meeting. If the meeting was that important, he ought to have taken a flight with BA for £200 rather than wasting £60 on an EasyJet ticket he couldn't use......
> As always, you get what you pay for, some people just don't seem to undersatnd what they are buying....
>
>
Fair play to what you say mate but there are people on here who have paid what we consider a lot of money, and I dont care what you say I still expect to get what I pay for. The rest of Europe laufgh at us in England because we are supposedly to scared to complain, I wish the rest of Europe would come on this board and see the truth. If I go to the butchers and ask for a leg of lamb thats what I expect, not a leg of bladdy mutton.
N/A

RE: ADSL != Leased Line

> Yes, I'm dissapointed with the service over the past couple of days, but why do people expect compensation? Section 11 of the T&Cs states "Whilst we endeavour to provide a continuous service, we give no warranty that the Service(s) will be continuously available." So PlusNet are not obliged to provide 27X7 ADSL or a free backup service. If you need a reliable 512K internet connection, get a leased line, it'll cost a couple of grand to get it installed and about £500 per month for the service. Why is it so expensive? Because it's a guaranteed service based on a reliable (therefore expensive!) platform. No service provider would guarantee a similar level of connectivity for £55 per month. If you can't afford a leased line, but need reliable internet access, then you'll have to pay extra by either using 0845 when needed, or having an unmetered account as a back up for your ADSL - preferably with a 2nd ISP, just in case. If your supplier cant guarantee business continuity, then you have to do it yourself.
> It's like the case of the business man trying to get compensation from EasyJet for a lost deal caused by him being bumped off a flight and missing a meeting. If the meeting was that important, he ought to have taken a flight with BA for £200 rather than wasting £60 on an EasyJet ticket he couldn't use......
> As always, you get what you pay for, some people just don't seem to undersatnd what they are buying....
>
>
Fair play to what you say mate but there are people on here who have paid what we consider a lot of money, and I dont care what you say I still expect to get what I pay for. The rest of Europe laufgh at us in England because we are supposedly to scared to complain, I wish the rest of Europe would come on this board and see the truth. If I go to the butchers and ask for a leg of lamb thats what I expect, not a leg of bladdy mutton.
N/A

RE: ADSL != Leased Line

> Yes, I'm dissapointed with the service over the past couple of days, but why do people expect compensation? Section 11 of the T&Cs states "Whilst we endeavour to provide a continuous service, we give no warranty that the Service(s) will be continuously available." So PlusNet are not obliged to provide 27X7 ADSL or a free backup service.

True, but they shouldn't advertise it as "High-speed Internet access that's always on!" if it's not.
N/A

RE: ADSL != Leased Line

<snip>
. If I go to the butchers and ask for a leg of lamb thats what I expect, not a leg of bladdy mutton.
>

My point exactly, you ask for a leg of lamb, you expect a leg of lamb. Ask PlusNet for internet connectivity with a Service Level Agreement and they'll either say "sorry sir we don't sell them" or "Certainly sir, that'll be £500 per month + VAT"
Complain by all means, I've been on to support too when my connection was still dead and the service was meant to be up, just don't expect compensation for non-delivery of something they're not offering.......
N/A

RE: ADSL != Leased Line

.
>
> True, but they shouldn't advertise it as "High-speed Internet access that's always on!" if it's not.

High Speed = UP TO 10x faster than a modem - which it is, key phrase being "Up To"

Always On = Always on when the service is available. As opposed to dial up which is only on when you connect, regardless of the status of the service.