cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Hi
I am having problem with my ADSL line it cuts and reconnects randomly. I have done all those tests so far I don’t have problem on my side (wiring, drivers etc.). If I am lucky it goes for few hours without cutting mostly day time…..it gets even worst in the evening. I report these to plus net but they unfortunately, haven’t done much about it yet. I miss my 56K sometimes....
Has any one having similar problems and any ideas.
If it is not sorted be very disappointed with PLUS NET I have to find new service

thanks
28 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

PlusNet will not be the cause of your issues and moving ISP would only see the same problems.

ADSL is provided to PlusNet as a wholesale product from BT using BT equipment. Moving to another ISP would only see you connected to the same equipment seeing the same problems.

My advice to quickly rule out internal house wireing as the issue. If at all possible, plug your computer into the master socket provided by BT.

By removing the face plate, there should be a inner socket (be carful, if done correctly, yoru extentions should be connected to the rear of the front plate, so caution is needed to prevent you cuttin the wire). Plug the modem into this with no splitters or filters at all.

If you still see the same problems, then it may well be your line or the modem.

You should then contact PlusNet stating that you have taken this measure.
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Yeap I did try that option too entering the plug strait into the inner socket but it didnt make any difference. Question is also why more often in the evening time does that.?
thanks
Ianwild
Grafter

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Hi,

ADSL Modems can cut off for many reason, line quality and interference among them. It is possible that your line quality changes in the evening or there are more frequent sources of Interference at those times.

What type of modem do you have?

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Which modem or router are you using? As if its the Origo 1 port or 4 port router that ebuyer sell, then there is a problem with the old firmware causing this problem, so an updated firmware is required.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

I am using PCI type CONEXANT accessRunner ADSL. The one plus net sent . It seems tobe working okey it is just a connection doesnt stay long.
thanks
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

hi, i have the same pci modem as you, but now use a router (and had NO disconnections since i got it Cheesy) i had a lot of disconections with the pci modem and with the help of +net support, tracked the problem down to my drivers. there is a know issue with Conexant chips and windows xp (what OS are u using?).

try some older drivers from here

johnathan
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

I am Using Windows Xp. Drivers seems to be okey I didnt have any Installation
problem. did U have the same problem random cuts and the problem was the modem U saying?
thx
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

hi, i was having random loss of sync. my pci modem is a dynamode, but still uses the conexant chips.

johnathan
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Do you still have random cut problem with your line . how did you sort it out
Community Veteran

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

I'm afraid it does indeed sound like you have this problem - when I used to have that awful PCI modem, It wouldn't be uncommon to experience a whole day of constant disconnections/reconnections every minute or two.

Just out of interest, are PlusNet acknowledging there is a problem now? As when I had it, they didn't really know much about it to be honest, and just told me to get help with Windows. :roll:

Thomas
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

soner: i tryed some older drivers which seemed to sort it out, but bought a router as i wanted something more reliable and linux compatable

kuglin: it did take about a week before i got my case to be escalalated and i was given some question to answer, in which i mentioned i had used the latest drivers and the reply said:
some users have found problems running the latest drivers for this modem in combination with XP. Older drivers are known to work more happily with this OS, and can be downloaded from www.themad-house.co.uk

johnathan
Community Veteran

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Right, interesting...

...good idea to get a router btw. You'll never look back!

Thomas
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

Well I've still got my 1st generation conexant PCI modem which is a backup connection on a 2nd PC for some difficult FTP servers that dont like my routers Nat. Mine has worked fine for nearly 2 years using 2000 Pro, but I only used XP for a month with it as its to buggy, so Safer in 98se or 2000 Pro.

So check a couple of things:

1. It's not in PCI slot 1 i.e. the one nearest the AGP slot as it is more of a problem when sharing th AGP IRQ. So if its in slot 1 move it to one of the lower free slots.

2. As mentioned the older drivers work better for XP with this modem, namely 2.085.010 (0401)

3. One thing you didn't mention, is how it is connected to the phone line. Is it using it's own phone socket or sharing with a phone via a splitter?

If not sharing remove the splitter as it doesn't need one.
If sharing a phone socket, then remove the phone and splitter for a night and see if its a faulty splitter.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

ADSL LINE Random Cuts

I dont know about the older drivers mine is 4012.99.40.0 version so I havent even try the latest one. I already tried all those things neihter PCI modem slot is next to AGP nor I dont have any IRQ problem I've checked that. I am using a filter with a phone but I also tried without the phone so it still cuts off.
Funny thing is it does it more like evening time so it is not regular conect/reconect so I belive can not be from my modem. Anyway when BT comes tommorrow we'll see
thx