cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Keeps loosing lock

N/A

ADSL Keeps loosing lock

my ADSL keeps loosing the channel lock, causeing my computer to disconnect its been doing this intermtantly about every three minutes. It was fine for the 1st few months and has just strarted about a week ago, it cleared up and now it has started again.

it mainly seems to happen around 4pm to 7pm.

*just done it while writing this....*

it started anoying me soo much i thought it was my fault so i didi a complete system reinstall updated all my drivers, and its doing it again.

*There it goes again*

im running windows XP on a P4 2.4Ghz the modem is a etec Internal PCI Modem

*And agin*

anyone else have this? or just me
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Keeps loosing lock

I read about someone in a similar situation a while ago, and I think the problem was the modem wasnt getting enough power. Have you installed any new hardware, like a hard drive or CD ROM that might be stretching your PC's power supply? *shrug*

Just a guess.
N/A

> I read about someone in a similar situation a while ago, and I think the problem was the modem wasnt getting enough power. Have you installed any new hardware, like a hard drive or CD ROM that might be stretching your PC's power supply? *shrug*
>
> Just a guess.

no ive not added any new hardware for a while... and the psu i use is a good brand enermax one.
N/A

Go to another Isp if you can

I have just spent 2 weeks trying to rectify this problem with Plusnet same as you my connection was fine and the the modem keeps going out of sync. after 2 weeks of playing along with plusnets try this try that raising tickets 25 phone calls etc. The final answer its your hardware which is imposible. Because I have tried my whole computer on 2 mates adsl lines no problem and like wise I have tried theirs on mine with disconnects different filters no filters etc every combination you can imagine and plusnet have just ended my ticket saying its your hardware.

More like Plusnet have not got a clue in how to provide a decent adsl service they are running on a shoe string. I have had enough of plusnet bullshit. They have lost a lot of customers through this and pipex have gained a lot and they are very happy with the service. While I am stuck with Pipex till my contract runs out Plusnet should be taken to court for what they are doing to certain customers

Coley

N/A

Hi There,

This is a problem that occurs equally among ISPs and isw not related to anything the ISP itself can control. The physical syncronisation of an ADSL line is controlled between your ADSL modem and the line card at your local exchange, something which is maintained by BT Wholesale. In a case like this it is only really by trial and error that the fualt can be identified and subsequently resolved. In around 70% of cases the problem is with end user equipment or intereference from other devices on the customers line.

In the other 30% of cases the problem is too much noise on the phone line or a fault with the BT ADSL Line card. There are no cases of an ADSL line losing sync and this being attributed to the configuration of the ISPs ADSL platform.

Guy, in regard to your problem, as has already been explained we need you to help us with your fault by providing the logs from your modem. The fact is that BTs systems refuse to accept there is a fault on your line because their monitoring systems do not show that you are losing sync at the exchange.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support