cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Install problems

N/A

ADSL Install problems

I upgraded my account to adsl and ordered the router pack. First think that went wrong was 4000 hits disapeared of my web page.
The adsl was activated and I was sent an email saying the router was not in stock, In fact I got 2 or more emails every hour teling me this and still am.
I then found I could log on with my old dialup acc but couldnt get mail brows or do anything. For 3 days I reported the problem with nothing done, I was having to use another account to get to vital emails etc. Eventualy they found that as the adsl was activated they changed my account so I couldnt get in with the dial up.

THey new I couldnt connect with the adsl as they hadnt sent the router and were telling me every hour.

By this time I was ***** off and had bought a adsl modem and guess what they changed the account back to dial up so I could connect which meant my adsl modem wouldnt connect. I had my account set back to adsl and it works.

I still cant get a date when my router will be with me it could be a day or weeks. As PLus accepted my order they should have had a router ready for me, I have been forced to buy the modem or do without the net for X days/weeks.

It seems a basic error that they change the dial up to adsl and send a mail message which you cant get as you dial up doesnt work.

They were still trying to take money out of my account for the dial up when I had upgraded so they are trying to charge me twice, once for a dial up and once for adsl which they charge straight away knowing you cant connect to it as the havent sent the router.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Install problems

> They were still trying to take money out of my account for the dial up when I had upgraded so they are trying to charge me twice, once for a dial up and once for adsl which they charge straight away knowing you cant connect to it as the havent sent the router.

PlusNet seem to have really gone downhill, and can't even sort out basic problems, all the while treating the client like a fool. (Sorry I've had real problems with them, due to clear mix-ups in their system, yet they want to charge me activation again.)
N/A

RE: ADSL Install problems

> I upgraded my account to adsl and ordered the router pack. First think that went wrong was 4000 hits disapeared of my web page.
> The adsl was activated and I was sent an email saying the router was not in stock, In fact I got 2 or more emails every hour teling me this and still am.
> I then found I could log on with my old dialup acc but couldnt get mail brows or do anything. For 3 days I reported the problem with nothing done, I was having to use another account to get to vital emails etc. Eventualy they found that as the adsl was activated they changed my account so I couldnt get in with the dial up.
>
> THey new I couldnt connect with the adsl as they hadnt sent the router and were telling me every hour.
>
> By this time I was ***** off and had bought a adsl modem and guess what they changed the account back to dial up so I could connect which meant my adsl modem wouldnt connect. I had my account set back to adsl and it works.
>
> I still cant get a date when my router will be with me it could be a day or weeks. As PLus accepted my order they should have had a router ready for me, I have been forced to buy the modem or do without the net for X days/weeks.
>
> It seems a basic error that they change the dial up to adsl and send a mail message which you cant get as you dial up doesnt work.
>
> They were still trying to take money out of my account for the dial up when I had upgraded so they are trying to charge me twice, once for a dial up and once for adsl which they charge straight away knowing you cant connect to it as the havent sent the router.

Hi, I ordered a router pack on 14/8/02, my line was ADSL activated on 23/8/02, I then got hundreds of mails saying it was out of stock, i received the router about 8 days later, and I asked for my account to start when I received the router, but the reply I got was your contract starts when your line is activated by BT!
--
Regards Brian