cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Home Self-Install

N/A

ADSL Home Self-Install

I have been using this product since 2002 and am paying £21.99/month for a 2MB service. I can't find any info on this on the Plusnet web-site and wondered how it compares to the new (Premier) products.
Will it be upgraded to 8MB? Is it subject to the same fair-usage policy? Is it worth up/downgrading?

Thanks for any info/advice,
Dave
8 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Home Self-Install

Hi Dave,

Your product is an old legacy account, which in essence is the same as the current Premier product.

You should be moved over to the Premier Option 1 (up to 8Mb) on your nest billing date and will join the regrade queue for the faster speed after that.

Hope that helps a bit.

In short, you need do nothing except sit tight and wait.
Rich
Grafter

ADSL Home Self-Install

Hi pcsni,

On a similar note, I am on an old ADSL Home Surf account, paying £18.99/month. What will happen to this account - will I get a Premier (inc. 15Gb/month), Plus (3Gb) or something else? If Plus, will I be charged less without having to pay the 14.99 downgrade fee? If Premier, will I get that for my current payment?

Thanks
Richard
N/A

ADSL Home Self-Install

Thanks pcsni,

Is it a coincidence that I will be moved to Premiere on my next billing date? My account has been 'legacy' for a few years now. Why aren't all such account moved when they become obselete?

Dave
Community Veteran

ADSL Home Self-Install

Because PN cannot just move accounts without the owners consent because some of the legacy accounts don't have new product equivelants. 2 examples of this is are HomeSurf costing £18.88 (which has P2P/Binary usenet blocked permanently) and the Easystart accounts costing £24.99/month.

The premier up to 2Mbs/4Mbs/8Mbs & BB+ & PAYG account changes being done are to equivelant products with exactly the same features and prices so no consent in necessary.
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL Home Self-Install

2 examples of this is are HomeSurf costing £18.88 (which has P2P/Binary usenet blocked permanently) and the Easystart accounts costing £24.99/month.

Easystart is treated as Premier £21.99, but just costs more due to the spread of the activation charge.
Rich
Grafter

ADSL Home Self-Install

Because PN cannot just move accounts without the owners consent because some of the legacy accounts don't have new product equivelants. 2 examples of this is are HomeSurf costing £18.88 (which has P2P/Binary usenet blocked permanently) and the Easystart accounts costing £24.99/month.

The premier up to 2Mbs/4Mbs/8Mbs & BB+ & PAYG account changes being done are to equivelant products with exactly the same features and prices so no consent in necessary.

Thanks Peter - that's great.
N/A

ADSL Home Self-Install

But presumably my product has a new product equivalent as I haven't given any consent for it to be changed now - just mentioned in this forum. Strange eh?
Community Veteran

ADSL Home Self-Install

Yes it does. ADSL home self install = broadband premeir up to 2Mbs = Broadband premier option 1 (the new product), all costing £21.99/month.