cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly Contract) - Free Upgrade ?

N/A

I have been with PlusNet since 2002, and am very happy with the service. Though admittedly I looked forward to 8Mbit on the FUP system, I am still more than satisfied with potentially 2Mbit for the same price that I was paying for 512kbit.

I signed up way back when in 2002 and my account is classed as "ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly Contract)." Not Premier 512k nor the more recent Premier 30gb.
So, in light of the old style account I am on and the fact that I do not intend to jump the queue for the 2Mbit upgrade, do I still receive a free upgrade to the "Up to 2Mbit" account at £21.99 like most of PlusNet's customers or will I have to pay a fee?
I would hate to be missing out when my exchange is upgraded to 2Mbit.

All the best
Campbell
12 REPLIES
N/A

Well you just asked exactly the same question as i was going to. I too am an old school plus customer and am on ADSL home self install. Any help would be appreciated Cheesy
swythan
Dabbler

Yup. Me too.

I notice trying to upgrade to one of the new Premier accounts throught the portal says that will charge £14.99, so I've avoided that.

I've added a comment to a ticket I've had open about this since my line started syncing at 2Mb last week, but no-one's looked at it since this morning. (Ticket #16397382)

James
N/A

The wizard WILL tell you there is a 14.99 charge.

However, if you raise a normal bog-standard new contact us ticket and simply ask something like :-

"Please arrange to regrade me from my home install 512k to the up to 2mb premier account - i understand this is free and i will incurr no costs and pay 21.99 for my next account payment"

they should reply stating that this has been done.

As long as you do not ask to jump the queue or to be put onto 2mb, it is free.
N/A

Thank you mourby.
I am raising the ticket as we speak.
I'll report back should there be any problems.

All the best
N/A

This what i got and this is for 2mb prem

This change will take place on the 10th May as downgrades must be implemented effective of your next payment date so no changes until then, but when the account changes on the 10th you will not have any fixed download restrictions in place. So i have to wait till then 2 get 2mb
N/A

Well, they replied to the ticket this morning, and have promptly upgraded my account to Broadband Premier Up to 2mb (monthly contract, no modem.)
All seems well and I am extremely happy with speed with which they have conducted themselves.

Well done PlusNet!
Looking forward to 2Mbit
All the best
swythan
Dabbler

For completeness' sake, they upgraded my package at 4am this morning. Unfortunately they forgot to also raise the connection speed, but once I commented on the ticket they fixed it (very wuickly indeed - 15 min).

Finally back at 2Mb, now, like I was for 1 day before the FUP was revoked last week.

Anyway, I'm finally happy again.
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

This what i got and this is for 2mb prem

This change will take place on the 10th May as downgrades must be implemented effective of your next payment date so no changes until then, but when the account changes on the 10th you will not have any fixed download restrictions in place. So i have to wait till then 2 get 2mb

I've moved from 512Kb Home Install to 2Mb Premier.

It appears to have been done immediately, tho' as my exchange hasn't be upgraded, it's hard to tell.

One thing that's confusing me is that my usage month has been changed;
it was Apr 5 2005 - May 4 2005
it is now Apr 29 2005 - May 28 2005

How this affects my Direct Debit, usually around the 8th each month, I don't know... :?
N/A

I've also been with PN for some time (ADSL Home Self-Install) with no problems, what I want to know is what is the difference between my current product and the new Premier product? The monthly cost is the same, so would I be better off changing or staying as I am and just waiting for my free speed upgrade? :?
N/A

If you want email Anti-spam/virus scanning, then you can change.

Otherwise, there is no bonus to changing.
N/A

Right ok,

Mourby, I have opened a new ticket as per what you quoted. I am uncertain if this will work as my router is still showing a connection of 512, however I eagerly await the outcome and will keep you all posted.

Tom.
N/A

I phoned Plus net just after my first post here (on this thread). They immediatly upgraded me to the premier account for nothing (name change and a few account bits changed only). If i wanted to immediatly upgrade my speed to 1mb or 2mb i would have had to have paid £14.99. I have decided to wait for the free speed upgrades later this month (for me anyway). Along with the speed upgrading i will also get the 30:1 contention ratio. So there you go folks! Its really just the same account with a different name and a few account bits thrown in for good measure. As said above, you dont really need to change over because Home accounts would have got the speed upgrades anyway Smiley