cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Head end changes

ampdef
Grafter

ADSL Head end changes

Hi, I am new to this broadband. Can anyone answer a question for me please? I have a A220 ADSL PCI Modem installed, (PlusNet supplied), on initial set-up followed instructions and at the head end inserted Alcatel Network Systems Inc, as installation instructions. Several weeks ago the modem seemed to take a long ime to connect and sometimes did not connect. Went into set-up and found that Texas Instruments was now installed?? reapplied A.N.S.Inc and applied. Every now and again I check my settings and the settings keep going back to Texas Inst's, Why?? :?: :?

Any/all help appreciated

Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Head end changes

All drivers put their details in the inf directory. Windows checks this dir for drivers to install if it finds a better/newer driver it will install that driver for you.

Once you have a driver if it updates the inf files you have a job to get rid of it unless there is an uninstall. Novell used to do this and replace all the windows network card drivers with its own if you logged onto Novell.

If you want to revert to the old drivers you need to find the inf files and delete them its not easy to do as you have to find them. If you get newer drivers for the Alcatel they would install and stay
ampdef
Grafter

ADSL Head end changes

Thanks for that mright I thought I was going a bit daft.

May I wish you and all at PlusNet a Very Merry Christmas and aA Happy New Year.

Thank you again.