cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Exchange Question

N/A

ADSL Exchange Question

Does anyone know how to find out the distance your phone is from the exchange?

I'd like to find out because the BT availability checker says that I 'may be able' to receive ADSL at my address.

ADSL is not yet available in Devizes, but is only a few months away.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Exchange Question

Have you tried calling BT?

> Does anyone know how to find out the distance your phone is from the exchange?
>
> I'd like to find out because the BT availability checker says that I 'may be able' to receive ADSL at my address.
>
> ADSL is not yet available in Devizes, but is only a few months away.

N/A

> Does anyone know how to find out the distance your phone is from the exchange?
>
> I'd like to find out because the BT availability checker says that I 'may be able' to receive ADSL at my address.
>
> ADSL is not yet available in Devizes, but is only a few months away.

BT should be able to tell u your exchange address.+ a map.I'm 3.8 mls from mine.
:bandit:
antonywm

> > Does anyone know how to find out the distance your phone is from the exchange?
> >
> > I'd like to find out because the BT availability checker says that I 'may be able' to receive ADSL at my address.
> >
> > ADSL is not yet available in Devizes, but is only a few months away.
>
> BT should be able to tell u your exchange address.+ a map.I'm 3.8 mls from mine.
> :bandit:

Try This, easest way I know
Dial 17070, select option 3,1 and 2. The system will then check the length of your line and call you back with the result. This test is only a rough indicator and doesnt always work, if you have an ISDN or HH line it wont work at all.