ADSL Enquiry

N/A

ADSL Enquiry

I really want to upgrade my account to an adsl type, my username is
sandbach007 I now have the cash to do so and to get the modem n stuff, but
my main query is that when I check on bt's site it says I might be just out
of range of the exchange for adsl, therefore I dont want to go out and buy a
£150 modem line splitter and the rest of the gubbins and find out I cant
have adsl, is there any way that I can actually that I am in range to get adsl??

Had 2 use this coz that bloody contact us thing is useless it wont just allow you to send a normal sales enquiry to plusnet
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Enquiry

Dear Customer

I checked with your cli and the result is amber/amber which means you can radsl and perhaps normal adsl. The only real way of finding definitively if you can get adsl is to place the order as tests can fail due to line noise and off course do no purchase any equipment until the line has been enabled.

Regards,

Chris

--
| Chris.Taylor.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...............Advisorfor Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...................http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Dear Customer
>
>
> I checked with your cli and the result is amber/amber which means you can radsl and perhaps normal adsl. The only real way of finding definitively if you can get adsl is to place the order as tests can fail due to line noise and off course do no purchase any equipment until the line has been enabled.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> | Chris.Taylor.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support...............Advisorfor Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...................http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

I had a look on the list of exchanges that are due to be upgraded in may and there is one just up the road 'woburn sands' if I was to order now and use the radsl from the main Milton Keynes exchange, would bt automatically switch me over to the woburn sands exchange or will it be best upgrading to adsl after they have done the work?

Chris
N/A

> I had a look on the list of exchanges that are due to be upgraded in may and there is one just up the road 'woburn sands' if I was to order now and use the radsl from the main Milton Keynes exchange, would bt automatically switch me over to the woburn sands exchange or will it be best upgrading to adsl after they have done the work?
>

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, your phone line will be routed to one exchange (usually, although not always, the closest) and unless that exchange is ADSL enabled you will not be able to get the product.

I would expect that you cannot have ADSL from the main Milton Keynes exchange so will have to wait for the work at your local exchange to be done.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Business Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----