cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Disconnecting Frequently

N/A

ADSL Disconnecting Frequently

My ADSL is disconnecting VERY frequently (1 or 2 mintues)... I had this problem when i first got it and then it suddenly stopped but its started again..

I have a dynamode pci modem, i'm running windows 98.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Disconnecting Frequently

>i got the same problem.
it was all fine until about 3 weeks ago,since,it disconnects every 10 mins or so.

i`ve been told to remove all phones ,connect directly to the master phone socket etc...

but it hasn`t improved.

suggestions will be met with open arms...

steve
N/A

> >i got the same problem.
> it was all fine until about 3 weeks ago,since,it disconnects every 10 mins or so.
>
> i`ve been told to remove all phones ,connect directly to the master phone socket etc...
>
> but it hasn`t improved.
>
> suggestions will be met with open arms...
>
> steve

yes hi my friend is getign same problem as this ,wtf is goign on?
he get disconnect liek every 2 mins
his user name is boyhart
can yuo please fix this problem plus net i can not play online games with at all or even chat to him at night etc...
basicly do nuffin at all dure to him geting disconnected
what can he do to stop this he has had this problem since he has been with you plusnet,maybe yuo shoudl send him a new modem, the older ones yuo was sending out,the one i have,as seems to be fine,
can yuo sort this out support please
thank you mr long
on regards of user:boy hart
N/A

So I'm not the only one with this problem !

I am using Windows98/PlusNet-supplied A220 PCI modem and my connection drops, then automatically reconnects about 5 seconds later, randomly whenever I am online (day or night). There is no pattern to this - sometimes I can go for 30 minutes without it happening and other times it can happen every 1 - 2 minutes which is obviously very frustrating !!

They have so far suggested changing the modulation settings and disabling ZoneAlarm (firewall) and anti-virus software (in fact, I've tried disabling all unnecessary processes) but to no avail. I've tried unplugging phones, swapping phone extensions and plugging directly into the master socket with nothing else attached. Nothing has worked.

I am beginning to wonder whether the supplied modem is faulty.

I am also using the filters that PlusNet supplied to replace the faulty YCL filters that I got in my starter pack. Are we all using PlusNet supplied filters - could these be the problem ?

I will borrow one from a friend that I know is OK and let you know if this works.

Mike.

N/A

Further to my message above about the A220 PCI starter pack modem, have a look at the "Connexant Chips" topic just below this one and check out the consumer review link, written by a PlusNet user.

Maybe these modems simply aren't proven to work on all systems ?

The PCI slot position might also be a factor ?

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has solved our problem.
N/A

I installed what appeared to be updated drivers last night (see topic 'Drivers' in this forum for details) and so far today I've only had 1 disconnection/reconnection in 3 hours online. (This could just be coincidence of course, but I would have expected this to happen at least a dozen times or so based on previous experience)

I had a few problems getting them installed cleanly and configured correctly (I'd only recommend doing this if you've got experience of installing/uninstalling drivers/hardware), but everything seems to be working OK today.

I guess time will tell if this has improved or solved the problem - I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Mike.