cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 'Dial Up' Times....

N/A

ADSL 'Dial Up' Times....

Most if not all ADSL modems internal or external establish the ADSL connection with local exchange whilst your PC is booting up and is rarely ever a problem unless there was something wrong with your modem and/or the exchange.

On a good typical day, I can expect the ADSL "dial up" (after modem synch with exchange) to take around 1-5 seconds. On other days it can 'hang' for longer or even fail to connect and retry X no. of times.

Whenever I suspect PlusNet is playing up like long dial up connecting or pages not loading or something else...I try dial up connecting with the BT_Test login.

Can anyone tell me why the BT_Test login puts the PlusNET login to shame in terms of connecting time? - the BT_Test logon is instant literally every single time I do it, why can't PlusNet be like that?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: ADSL 'Dial Up' Times....

Hi!

I have had the same experience with connecting to Plusnet ADSL and have sometimes used the BT_Test name to login and yep it's absolutely quick isn't it.

Melodytune

> Most if not all ADSL modems internal or external establish the ADSL connection with local exchange whilst your PC is booting up and is rarely ever a problem unless there was something wrong with your modem and/or the exchange.
>
> On a good typical day, I can expect the ADSL "dial up" (after modem synch with exchange) to take around 1-5 seconds. On other days it can 'hang' for longer or even fail to connect and retry X no. of times.
>
> Whenever I suspect PlusNet is playing up like long dial up connecting or pages not loading or something else...I try dial up connecting with the BT_Test login.
>
> Can anyone tell me why the BT_Test login puts the PlusNET login to shame in terms of connecting time? - the BT_Test logon is instant literally every single time I do it, why can't PlusNet be like that?