cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Delivery Time

N/A

ADSL Delivery Time

Hi all,

I was wondering what the average installation time is for ADSL, I've been waiting 12 days and nothing!!! :angryfire:

I have recently moved home and changed service provider, my previous address had ADSL via Demon Internet and that was installed in 3 days!!! Wish I hadn’t changed provider now….

What's happened with your installations?

Cheers,

Jez
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Delivery Time

Jez, what stage is your ADSL installation at in the "ADSL tracker"?

+net rely on BT for the physical aspects at the exchange. AFAIK there's very little +net can do to hurry that along.

The BT engineers will visit telephone exchanges according to a schedule based on demand, so your Demon ADSL may have been appeared on a job sheet literally just before your local exchange was about to be visited.
RJankowski
Dabbler

My exchange is due to be upgraded tomorrow (Waheeeey!) and before I pre-registered with plusnet I was under the impression that one the exchange was upgraded my account would be active.

I have had ticket replies saying that this process will take 5-7 WORKING days. If BT can upgrade an entire exchange in a day, how hard is it for plusnet to press a button to 'activate' my ADSL?

Is there a process I am unaware of here?

Any help is appreciated.

N/A

> Jez, what stage is your ADSL installation at in the "ADSL tracker"?
>
> +net rely on BT for the physical aspects at the exchange. AFAIK there's very little +net can do to hurry that along.
>
> The BT engineers will visit telephone exchanges according to a schedule based on demand, so your Demon ADSL may have been appeared on a job sheet literally just before your local exchange was about to be visited.

Well I know it's stuck with BT, I was really only interested in other peoples experiences. It would appear that BT have equipment problems in the exchange and the expected installation date of the 15th has been postponed.

I just don't understand how a company like BT can leave a fault in place for 5 days!! If I did that to a network infrastructure of my customers, I'd be sacked!

I'm just a little unhappy with the ‘customer is a sucker’ routine that BT appear to have.... however, on a brighter note I really like the service provided by +net. The best portal service I've ever seen!!

Jez

PS. It would appear that +net have a Linux machine available for testing, anybody know the IP address?

N/A

Having ordered ADSL through +net five times (sixth is still in progress), my experience is that 5-7 working days is normal.

The sixth on was started on Friday evening. I imagine that means it's unlikely to have hit BT's job sheets until Monday. I'll update this thread when we receive notification.

We're talking about Coventry, Kenpas Highway exchange. Pretty wealthy part of town, should be quite some demand for broadband around there.
N/A

Just received notification from my client that his ADSL is now active.

That's FIVE full working days since the order was placed.

N/A

Well it's taken TWO MONTHS for my ADSL connection to be sorted out!

Three weeks for PlusNet to get around to telling me they needed my confirmation that I wanted to convert from ISDN to ADSL (something that should have happened as soon as they got my order); a couple of cancelled BT appointments (one notified to me only 15 mins before the due time); five days to get confirmation from BT (should take 24 hrs); then the ridiculous performance of not being sent the hardware until ADSL is activated. But that meant a week of paying twice through the 0845 number, and getting a whopping 34k connection 'cos ADSL reduces the line gain...

But it works now and I'm happy again.