cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL D-link DSL 604 wireless 22Mbps router

N/A

Hi All

Can anyone give some feed back on the D-link 604 wireless router ease of setup ,configuation and stability as i am looking to buy one soon.
PS They are well priced at the moment.

Cool
Regards
Rudy
4 REPLIES
N/A

I'd appreciate some feedback too. It's on my list of things to buy once my line is activated.
N/A

I have a DSL-604+ (ADSL was enabled on Saturday). The setup and config is relatively easy and straight forward if you have a bit of technical knowledge. If you don't know your LAN from your VPN, it would be worthwhile getting a more IT literate person to help you, but you don't need too much ability.

As far as stability is concerned, I have had a few drops of wireless connectivity, which seems to be a common problem. I have updated it to the latest firmware today, so I will have to see if this has resolved it. The drop in connectivity is only for a few seconds, but it is enough to stall downloads from the Net.

Given the price, the relative ease of use, and unobtrusive look (it is sitting in my lounge) I would recommend this router as a good choice.

Hope this helps.
N/A

Thanks for your info on DSL-604+ , are you using a firewall with the 604.
I am at present using Zonealarm pro hope this will be OK with the 604.

By the way what make and type of wireless access point are you using.

Regards Rudy

Cool
N/A

I am also using Zone Alarm (not Pro) and it works really well. The DSL-604+ is the wireless access point, so I am unsure what your second question means.

If you are referring to wireless cards, I bought a D-Link DWL-650+ PCMCIA card and a a DWL-520+ ISA card, which work perfectley.