cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Connection (?) in 30 mins !

N/A

ADSL Connection (?) in 30 mins !

Tonight was supposed to be the 'big night' - my little cardboard box containing my new ADSL modem arrived this morning and at 6:30pm I plugged it in. I installed the new software off the CD and config'd the line & protocol setups but found I couldn't connect. I phoned the helpline (!) which mentioned a RADIUS outage. Ah , so it's not me then. I connected my old reliable 56k modem back up only to find that the connection has been down at 11:30am. How come the help line says all will be well in 30 mins (at 6:30, 7:30pm).
Oh well, at least I can set up my email !!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Connection (?) in 30 mins ! - Synch Problem ??

> Tonight was supposed to be the 'big night' - my little cardboard box containing my new ADSL modem arrived this morning and at 6:30pm I plugged it in. I installed the new software off the CD and config'd the line & protocol setups but found I couldn't connect. I phoned the helpline (!) which mentioned a RADIUS outage. Ah , so it's not me then. I connected my old reliable 56k modem back up only to find that the connection has been down at 11:30am. How come the help line says all will be well in 30 mins (at 6:30, 7:30pm).
> Oh well, at least I can set up my email !!

Afetr several calls to Plusnet It turns out that there might be a Synch problem (whatever that is). This needs BT to fix - you think that they would have checked the line beforehand. I'm still not connected and it might be Monday before its sorted.
N/A

RE: ADSL Connection (?) in 30 mins ! - Synch Problem ??

> > Tonight was supposed to be the 'big night' - my little cardboard box containing my new ADSL modem arrived this morning and at 6:30pm I plugged it in. I installed the new software off the CD and config'd the line & protocol setups but found I couldn't connect. I phoned the helpline (!) which mentioned a RADIUS outage. Ah , so it's not me then. I connected my old reliable 56k modem back up only to find that the connection has been down at 11:30am. How come the help line says all will be well in 30 mins (at 6:30, 7:30pm).
> > Oh well, at least I can set up my email !!
>
> Afetr several calls to Plusnet It turns out that there might be a Synch problem (whatever that is). This needs BT to fix - you think that they would have checked the line beforehand. I'm still not connected and it might be Monday before its sorted.

Dear Customer,

We are sorry that your ADSL connection is not ready to be used by yourself straight away. We have activated your ADSL account as is our remit upon your line being activated by BT.

Unfortunately in your case it would certainly appear there is a sync issue between your location and the local exchange.

You have given us the information we require regarding this and we have submitted this to BT faults for resolution. We will keep you informed about the fault and hope that it is resolved to your satisfaction shortly.

--
Regards, Support

--
| Rob Skelton ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +