cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Connection Dropping

N/A

ADSL Connection Dropping

My ADSL connection is dropping very regularly at the moment. Now i dont mean the dial up connection in windows, but the green DSL light on my modem, its dropped about 10 times in the last five minutes.
I've tried two different modems (one usb modem, one wireless adsl router), what could be causing this?
6 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Connection Dropping

I've had exactly the same problem for the last few nights now...I can see the ADSL modem light on my netgear modem router flashes orange and I get disconnected, once it comes back on it's a couple of minutes before I can reconnect to my internet connection.... v. annoying when I'm deep in combat in World of Warcraft!!
N/A

ADSL Connection Dropping

Hi there,

In the Tutorials section of the forum there is a section on ADSL trouble shooting.

If you follow the steps in that tutorial ti will help identify and eliminate many of the common causes of disconnects.

Having tried and tested all, if the problem persists, raise a ticket to support.
N/A

ADSL Connection Dropping

or, if that don't fix it.........post here...
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22033
Community Veteran

ADSL Connection Dropping

This looks like a sync problem with the exchange and outside PlusNets control. Does you router show line conditions (line attenuation, Signal to Noise). If so, post what they are and what speed you are connected at? If you don't know state what make/model of router you have.

Sometimes better microfilters can stop this happening but this is not always the case. I recommend the Excelsus Z-420UK-A Dynamic ADSL Microfilter or the XF-1e Professional ADSL Microfilter.

Do the drop-outs occur if you connect direct to your BT Master socket. Also try the test socket behind the removable lower plate of the master socket. Also try with all other phones disconnected. If you are using digital cordless phones (DECT), these can sometime interefer with ADSL and better microfilters can often cure this.

I assume ALL you phones, faxes, 56K modems and Sky boxes are connected via ADSL microfilters? If not, they must be.
N/A

Re: ADSL Connection Dropping

My ADSL connection is dropping very regularly at the moment. Now i dont mean the dial up connection in windows, but the green DSL light on my modem, its dropped about 10 times in the last five minutes.
I've tried two different modems (one usb modem, one wireless adsl router), what could be causing this?

Hi ...I had exactly the same problem - tried new microfilters, dedicated line etc. Then ...... turned off windows firewall (as my router has one built in) bingo ... no more line dropping ... check your router strouble shooting guide
kissack
Grafter

ADSL Connection Dropping

for the past week i have been experiencing 5 minute drop-outs in browsing, although the modem link remains ok