cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Activation

N/A

ADSL Activation

I recently placed an order for Bb+, and have been following the progress of my order with the order tracker...

I've been given a provisional activation date.
Activation Date
The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
10th Sep 2005 - After 12pm

Now, as far as I can tell, my line hasn't been activated yet. I'm not getting sync, and the order tracker still reads the activation as still in progress.
For some reason, my dial up refuses to work when plugged into a filter ~ so whenever I want to check for sync I have to naff around with the wires for five minutes.

So, two questions, does anyone know how quickly the order tracker will update?
&
Judging from BT's activation date / time (>12PM), is it looking likely that i've missed activation today? I can't see BT engineers working after 6...

Oh, and hullo =D
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation

The date shown is a provisional one given by BT when the order was placed (or when it was accepted). BT can be a few days either side of that date.
N/A

ADSL Activation

You should also receive an email from Plusnet telling you when the line is activated.
N/A

ADSL Activation

Right - o, thanks for clearing that one up, then Wink

Any ideas why my dial up won't work through a microfilter? It doesn't really matter, as i'll scrap it soon, just curious.

It isn't the microfilter, as i've swapped them out, both work fine from my other socket, which also has a dial up modem connection through it..
N/A

ADSL Activation

Well since i am still waiting for broadband to be activated i am still using dial up but it is still working with through the microfilter. So i don't know why yours is not working. :?
N/A

ADSL Activation

I'm *really* not fussed, now =D

I noticed today that I started to get sync, so I just gave customer support a bell, and they activated my line while I was still on the phone Cheesy

Excellent!
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation

Any ideas why my dial up won't work through a microfilter? It doesn't really matter, as i'll scrap it soon, just curious.

It should work fine through the "Phone" output of your filters so I can only assume it's something particular to your individual modem.