cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Activation

N/A

ADSL Activation

Plus net techsup, can you please take a look at ticket no. 7765757

I have also contacted your tech support via phone, who said the line would be active within five minutes. this was at 17:30.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Activation

If you are having issue where you are being told the line is active, yet isn't, then you can try the following.

Turn your connection equipment off and disconnect it from the phone line for at least 35 mins.

This should reset any line card issue at the exchange.
N/A

ADSL Activation

Thanks for the help acarr.

The line is active and I can connect using the bt_test_user account, it's just that plusnet have not yet activated my account on their radius server yet.

I've contacted them by phone, and I was told it would be activated in 5 mins.

That was 5 hours ago Sad
N/A

ADSL Activation

There are posts in the past that have discribed the conditions you have specified.

The +Net RADIUS servers will enable your account after seeing multiple failed authentication requests approximatly 1 hour later.

Thus +Net do not need to do anything to activate your line.

A user was told this on the phone and via the forums, and it failed after 5 hours still.

Doign this automatic reset cured the problem.

Have you even tried the sugestion that has worked on countless occasions in the past?
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation

The +Net RADIUS servers will enable your account after seeing multiple failed authentication requests approximatly 1 hour later.

Pretty good idea, but when did this start?

What happens if a user goes to his mates house who is already activated (via PlusNet) and trys his login though?

Chris
N/A

ADSL Activation

This has been noted on a few posts over the last few weeks.

I suspect it would fail.

The protection that stops people using somebody elses login details in BT based.

The +Net radius server shouldn't care what line it is activated on.
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation

It wouldnt fail.

PlusNet dont know what phone line you are connected from unless they do a woosh test. Any line activated on the same domain eg plus.net or plusdsl.com (or whatever it is) will allow you though.

So for instance I could use your login (if I knew your password) and connect as you (assuming you are on the plus.net domain).

Chris
N/A

ADSL Activation

OK, so the BT equipment limits connetions to a single realm then. YOur answer there kind of negates your previous reply.

Anyhow, HERE is one such thread with a reply from dtomlinson.

As you notice, it cought me out too!
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation

Yes I can confirm that.
I can log in as me from my pals house up the road using his ADSL gear and phone line.
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation

Sorry for the confusion, i was meaning, if someone goes to thier mates house and he's on PlusNet, RADIUS will show the attempt but should fail on authentication cos its not yet active on PlusNet's database. Im just trying to highlight that PlusNet could set that customer's ADSL as active early and begin billing when the work hasnt even taken place on his actual line.

Chris
N/A

ADSL Activation

Very true.

This is possibly somthing +Net should include during signup.

Not so much advertising the feature, but the implications of failure after messing about at a mates, 10 mins after signup.
N/A

ADSL Activation

We may type at crossed purposes (me crossed that is...)... Dave Tomlinson suggested the auto activation thing to me via a post on ADSLGuide. It didn't actually work. In the end I phoned PlusNet support on Sunday afternoon, they manually activated my account and 10 minutes later I was working.

I had a managed HH conversion done on the Friday. Had the ADSL test failed, they would have put my HH back. As they didn't, I suspect that is nearly, but not quite, as good as the official nod? Anyhow, support were very helpful and more than happy to manually invoke my account.