cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Activation Date

N/A

ADSL Activation Date

lol i feel abit silly.

I cancelled the order on my previous order with another company because they told me the activation date would be the 17th - so having already waited 8 days before being told this i decided to not go for 2MB datastream - and to go for 512k IPstream, thinking this would be a faster process.

I should have stayed! - for now the ADSL tracker says.

Activation Date
The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
17th Feb 2004 - After 12pm

LOL!! - same date! Sad
10 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

7 to 10 days for activation. That is good.

No ISP can speed up this process. At the end of the day, it is still BT doing the work at the exchange.

The better news is that many orders, if not all, tend to go through before that date.

This is the date booked that work should be completed by. IE, the date from which you should start moaning, if it hasn't happened.
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

yeah that's right.

With another ISP i was online in 4 days - had my username and password before that and i already have a modem to use.

Here's hoping i am on by the weekend Smiley

I still could have had 2MB though (sob) lol
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

I just went to use my phone and i couldn't hear a dialing tone - only what sounded lilke someone playing with the connection - and then about 1 min laer it kinda rang then stopped - half rang again and stopped - so i am hoping that was an engineer working on my line.

I've got an ADSL Modem ready - i'll plug it in later and see if i get anything

Pete
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

The work should only take 30 mins tops if they are disconnecting the line, and may take place in two 5 min stanges.

You could try connecting the modem now, and seeing if it syncs.

If it does, then supply it with your username and password. For the first 30 to 60 mins, it will keep saying authentication error. However, PlusNets early activation system will pick up on this and activate you.

Be warned, the work may not be complete, nor may you be officialy certified and connected. So once the billing starts, you are liable for your contract term.

If you don't wish to go ahead with the above but BT do activate you officialy today, you should receive the activation completed notice in the morning and be able to connect as normal then anyhow.
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

I've already paid for the first month so i am tied to the contract anyway

I've got a microfilter in the main socket and then one at the end of the small extension lead i have - no sync light so i assume the funny noises and no dialtone etc - along with the weird clicking noise was my phone being a dick.. Sad
Community Veteran

ADSL Activation Date

If i understand what you are saying:

• You have a filter/splitter plugged into your master socket
  • You have an extension cable plugged into that filter/splitter
  • You have another filter/splitter connected to end of the extension cable
  • You have your ADSL modem plugged into the filter/splitter on the end of the extension cable.

Then that is not the correct use of the filters and the ASDL modem will not work.

See ADSL: Wiring and Filters for the correct use of the filter/splitter.
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

Thanks for the advice guys Smiley

I took the filter off the phone and made a call - i could hear echo and also noise - so to me this indicates the line is enabled?

Please let me know

Pete
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

An ADSL activated phone line (without splitters) will only have interference if ADSL connection equipment (such as a modem or router) is on the line. I can't remember at what the point the equipment must be, just connected or fully synched, but I know that noise on the line isn't necessarily an indication that the work is complete.
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

Plusnet are the dogs bollocks

I ordered lunchtime monday - and i am on NOW! i just got the activated e-mail and my ADSL tracker is at the bottom!

I didnt even need to call them - fair play!

thanks for all the advice

Pete
N/A

ADSL Activation Date

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=b6fbb186faa6575df4b6fbb186

Smiley

I am so glad i found my spare USB modem Smiley

I don't actually need the other Modem now - i should have gone wires only lol