cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AARGH - port forwarding on alcatel adsl router

N/A

AARGH - port forwarding on alcatel adsl router

I signed up for the plus.net home self install package with the starter package. I cannot find out anything about how to disable the routers internal firewall so i thought i'd try to forward the ports i use when programming my own online applications in macromedia director to my local PC's IP

when i log into the routers setup page in explorer i can choose port forwarding - but it only lets me forward to the IP of the modem with a the option to change only the final number.

ie
routers ip = xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa

possible forward to ip = xxx.yyy.zzz.Huh

where the x,y,and z's are all fixed and the Huh is the changable number. My PC's IP is completely different to this.

so i want to know:

a) how can i turn off the firewall or

b) how do i forward to my computers local IP

thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: AARGH - port forwarding on alcatel adsl router

im looking for the same sort of thing

found this site for a different router may be some sort of use for info
http://www.linksys.com/tech_helper/advanced.html
N/A

I dont know which of the Alcatel routers that you guys have, but I would suggest going to

http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm

and downloading the relevant PDF.They have a lot of technical info on the site that doent come with the unit.

Hope thats some help

Ian

> I signed up for the plus.net home self install package with the starter package. I cannot find out anything about how to disable the routers internal firewall so i thought i'd try to forward the ports i use when programming my own online applications in macromedia director to my local PC's IP
>
> when i log into the routers setup page in explorer i can choose port forwarding - but it only lets me forward to the IP of the modem with a the option to change only the final number.
>
> ie
> routers ip = xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa
>
> possible forward to ip = xxx.yyy.zzz.Huh
>
> where the x,y,and z's are all fixed and the Huh is the changable number. My PC's IP is completely different to this.
>
> so i want to know:
>
> a) how can i turn off the firewall or
>
> b) how do i forward to my computers local IP
>
> thanks

--
N/A

If you are using an Alcatel Speedtouch pro router
then telnet to 10.0.0.138 which is the default ip address of this type of router if you have changed it then telnet to that address instead.
Im afraid you will have to telnet as this function is not available via the browser interface.

Issue the following command within telnet

nat defserver addr xx.xx.xx.xx

where xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of your ethernet card that connects to the router.

This command forwards all your traffic to xx.xx.xx.xx ie your PC in most cases

If you do this, then please ensure that you have a good software firewall such as Kerio Personal Firewall.

The above will probably work for other Alactel dsl routers but i make no guarantees Smiley

Ali