cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 modem fails to initialise correctly

N/A

I'm running a Windows 98SE machine which doesn't appear to be communicating with the A360 modem when the PC first starts up. The modem sits there with just the right hand USB light flashing and the ADSL Control and Status panel says there is no active modem.
I accidentally discovered while trying to install the drivers for about the fourth time that if I pull the USB plug out of the back of the modem and put it back in twice then is springs into life and the left hand ADSL light eventually goes solid and I can connect.
Everything works fine once I've done this but it is frustrating and potentially damaging to the modem to have to fiddle with the cable whenever I want to log in.
Any suggestions as to what is likely to be the problem. USBwise I have nothing else plugged in although I can plug in either a scanner or a video camera when required.
1 REPLY
N/A

It really sounds like you have a faulty device if your computers plug and play interface seems to be working OK with your other USB devices.Try another cable if the one on your modem is detachable.If at all possible, try your modem
on somebody elses computer or try borrowing a modem and plug it into your computer. At least this way you'll know if its faulty and you can raise a ticket with support asking for a replacement.If its not faulty then there are other things to look at.