cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A simple question but probably a comlicated answer

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Bt and PN presumably know we are on 8mb Broadband so why oh why when we get a glitch and get re synced as our speeds have been much higher previously are we then throttled to under 500k for a numerous amount of days.My question is WHY ?? Also why when BT can throttle you in 75 minutes or whatever, does it take days to re sync........
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi there,

This is one of the most annoying things about the MaxDSL system. You can read about how it works at this link.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Surely BT have got this the wrong way round wouldnt it be better to see if your profile drops for three days and then take action not after 75 minutes rather than wait for stability for three days before re syncing....
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

BT Wholesale have recently introduced a 'blip' logic function to the system so that if a stable line (one that hasn't seen a BRAS speed profile decrease in the last 14 days) experiences a short drop in sync rate and then goes straight back up again, it won't result in a 3 day wait for the BRAS profile to catch up. A second decrease in sync speed would lower the BRAS profile however.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team