cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about 1 and 2mbit

N/A

A question about 1 and 2mbit

A lot of messages about this seem to be popping up on here abouth the faster service and when it's going to be made available by plusnet. I notice freedom2surf are also now offering this service amongst others including nildram, personaaly i'll stick with plusnet until they provide it, but I won't wait forever. The thing I want to know is this, I went to internetcentral site and did a check with my phone number to see if I could recieve the 1 and 2mbit services and it said I couldn't. But I saw on this site on one of the threads theat if I already have adsl, which I do, then it's not possible to check whether I'd be able to recieve the higher speed, until a full line test was done. Can someone please clarify this for me, because it would drive me insane if all my mates got the higher speed on there cable connections and I was left behind.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: A question about 1 and 2mbit

Another question:

What is the difference between IPStream and DataStream?

Thanks
Steve
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: A question about 1 and 2mbit

> Another question:
>
> What is the difference between IPStream and DataStream?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Adrian,

The chances are that the vast majority of people who currently have DSL would be able to get the services at a higher speed. I suspect that testing tools designed to cope with the situation you have highlighted will be made available soon, but until then I'm afraid the whole process is somewhat a matter of trial and error.

Essentially (From our point of view), the differences between Datastream and IPstream are that with IPstream, ADSL customer traffic is passed over the BT network until it reaches the ISP. Datastream ADSL is only delivered to exchange level where a third party telco can 'groom' off this data from the DSLAM and pass it to the ISP via their own network.

That is basic, but unless you understand the implementation of IPstream fully it is pointless me going into more details - If you have any more specific questions though I would be happy to answer them.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support