cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A long wait, but . . .

N/A

A long wait, but . . .

Like many, I've had a long frustrating wait for ADSL, and on Friday this week, I would have reached a whole month of waiting! All because BT said there was a shortage of capacity in my exchange.

But all good things come to those who wait, and PlusNet have just e-mailed me to say that ADSL is ready. What's more, the modem/router I decided to buy has dropped in price over the last week!

Thanks to PlusNet and hope everyone else gets sorted out soon.

Andrew.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: A long wait, but . . .

> Like many, I've had a long frustrating wait for ADSL, and on Friday this week, I would have reached a whole month of waiting! All because BT said there was a shortage of capacity in my exchange.

Andrew,

Did you finally have to do anything specific for BT to get their act together?

I signed up on Friday 24th May and it took BT 2 weeks to realise that there was no capacity at the exchange. Did you finally have to do anything drastic, or did Plus.net have to, in order for them to shift ***** and upgrade your exchange?

N/A

Simon,

No I didn't, but was going to do so once the month was up. If all else failed, a complaint to Oftel might have even been called for!

Andrew.
N/A

As soon as we relase that an exchange lacks capacity we do inform BT, these are normally upgraded in a matter of weeks.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----