cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A final word from an ex Plusnet customer!

N/A

After about 3 years of Plusnet (not all bad) the recent speed issues finally pushed me to jump ship! Some of you have read my posts on here about the speeds and my problem seemed very similar to most of you...8 weeks of customer support, a BT engineer visit externally and finally a BT engineer in my home, to tell me that I had no line problems and that it was down to the service provider.

He said once connected to his test connection, my line speed was measuring 2790 downstream, this compared to 250 from PN, PN had been telling me my max was 1meg, when in fact it is closer to 3. Anyhow, I migrated to Zen, and all said and done, the service is amazing compared to PN...im currently getting 1900 downstream and the line is still new so it seems to be getting faster every 3-5days...I tried a P2P program (during the day) suprise, download speeds were up to 150, compared to 10 with PN....

That might not all make sense as Im not the most technically minded with all this stuff, safe to say when a BT engineer tells you the problem is the provider and showed you the speeds he was getting in his test...you know PN have gone belly up!
10 REPLIES
N/A

hi ken

i've moved upto 8mb but iam having real bad download speed. i use MY Speed PC to measure. 90% of the time this indicates speed of about 100kbps or less. i use xbox live and the lag is real bad. plus net have said they cannot see anything wrong, i've requested interleaving off as well. i did get an improvement over the w/e of about 2-4Mbps, just check this eve and its gone down again to < 100kbps. i've had the ticket open for about 7days but am on the verge of moving isp now. could you download this from http://www.myspeed.com/pe/index.html and test what kind of speed u get from Zen if you don't mind, what speed are you anyway?
N/A

I suggest the Broadband Plus folks let the BBC Watchdog program know their oppinions of Plusnet at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/broadband_survey.shtml
N/A

I've been getting reasonable speeds over the last few days but today I see it's dropped down to half of what it was last night.
N/A

Now a quarter of yesterday's speeds.
N/A

Double post.
N/A

highway what tool are you using, MY Speed PC tool is one of the most accarate on the net. what speed line are you on? mine is all over the place on most days. very anoying.
N/A

Double post.
N/A

I'm on DSL Max and on a good day get around 970kbps/360kbps.

I usually use speedtest.bbmax to check.
N/A

DSL MAX There is hope!! Something BT are not telling you

I am very sorry to here about everybodys problems with there download speeds, I was once in all your positions having complained to BT and PN (150kbps - 300kbps) and they said my line was fine, But my Router would not connect at the full speed as i expected. After doing some research I have solved it and now have speeds between (2mbps - 5.5mbps) i am about 1.9 KM from BT exchange.
The problem is you will ahve to become a self taught DIY network engineer.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

I suggest the Broadband Plus folks let the BBC Watchdog program know their oppinions of Plusnet at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/broadband_survey.shtml

Done!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!