cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Little confused about DNS servers.

N/A

A Little confused about DNS servers.

Hi there, I read an earlier post about DNS servers which directed me to a post on the ADSL guide website. It is about new DNS servers at Plusnet and was written by Ian Wild. It appears that Plusnet have installed new, more powerful DNS servers, and I was wondering which one to use, the new ones, or the automatically selected one.
Regards, John Taylor.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: A Little confused about DNS servers.

>I was wondering which one to use, the new ones, or the automatically selected one.

Hi,

At the moment the automatically selected servers will be the old ones, but you can manually use the new ones if you wish:

Regards,
Richard
--
| Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Hi there, thanks for the prompt reply. I've changed my DNS to the new ones and they seem to work just fine. As a matter of interest, when do you envisage changing over to the new ones as the auto-selected ones, and will you inform everybody ?Regards, John Taylor.

N/A

Hi,

Are these new DNS settings input in the LAN TCP/IP properties box within network connections (i am connected via a router). Currently they are configured automatically.

Thanks
Andy

I was wondering which one to use, the new ones, or the automatically selected one.
>
> Hi,
>
> At the moment the automatically selected servers will be the old ones, but you can manually use the new ones if you wish:
>
> 212.159.13.49
> 212.159.13.50
>
> Regards,
> Richard
> --
> | Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

> Hi,
>
> Are these new DNS settings input in the LAN TCP/IP properties box within network connections (i am connected via a router). Currently they are configured automatically.

Hi Andy,

Thats right.

What I would say is that if you are running XP or Windows 2000 this won't have a massive input as all DNS is cached locally, so you will only see a difference when you go to sites you have never been to before.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support