cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Little Info Please Regarding Home Highway

N/A

A Little Info Please Regarding Home Highway

My exhchange has been added to this pre registration system with a trigger lvl of 400 (which i dobut will ever be met), but the checker also says this, with the "may be able" underlined by the checker:

--------
A preliminary check on your line suggests that the full range of Broadband services could not be delivered to your address because of the long distance between you and the local telephone exchange, however you may be able to receive Broadband service at 512kilobits per second downstream and up to 256kilobits per second upstream. (The upstream speed will vary depending on the length of the telephone line connecting you to your local exchange).
---------

which indicates i'd be very lucky if i could even recieve it as i am far from the exchage, but i also have home highway installed at the moment, and as i understand i have to have this uninstalled just to see if i could even have adsl installed?, when its unlikly i could get it anyway, so do i have to have the home highway removed even for a simple line test?, if i do im not even gonna conside having adsl its just too much hassle.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: A Little Info Please Regarding Home Highway

I had BTHomeHighway until the 24th of June, which I only had installed because of lack of ADSL in the area. Our exchange was enabled last month. Great so I thought! I am currently within the 12month contract period for HH, no problem I was prepared to pay the rest of the HH line rental fee off.

I phoned BT, who charged £27 to downgrade the line to a standard analogue line. They disconnected the HH on the 24th as planned. BUT! I was 4 days later when finally they resolved problems switching me back of the the analogue connection. The analogue connection has been o.k. until yesterday where the line has mysteriously gone dead again. I'm just hoping that its something to do with moving my line over to the DSL equipment in the exchange.

It's been a nightmare trying to talk to BT as HH department won't speak to the standard PSTN dept for some reason. The only thing keeping me going is being so impressed with our DSL business connection at work. It is the 2Mbit option and obviously the contention is 20:1 rather than domestic 50:1 but I think it'll be worth the wait.

Good luck is all I can say - while BT's engineers are generally very helpful and knowledgeable, because of their red tape and administrative procedures, it makes the whole process of switching from HH to ADSL hell.

> My exhchange has been added to this pre registration system with a trigger lvl of 400 (which i dobut will ever be met), but the checker also says this, with the "may be able" underlined by the checker:
>
> --------
> A preliminary check on your line suggests that the full range of Broadband services could not be delivered to your address because of the long distance between you and the local telephone exchange, however you may be able to receive Broadband service at 512kilobits per second downstream and up to 256kilobits per second upstream. (The upstream speed will vary depending on the length of the telephone line connecting you to your local exchange).
> ---------
>
> which indicates i'd be very lucky if i could even recieve it as i am far from the exchage, but i also have home highway installed at the moment, and as i understand i have to have this uninstalled just to see if i could even have adsl installed?, when its unlikly i could get it anyway, so do i have to have the home highway removed even for a simple line test?, if i do im not even gonna conside having adsl its just too much hassle.
>