cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Bunch of Bandits

N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

What a frustrating time I have had with Plusnet over the last few months. My adsl house move was a catalogue of cock ups by PN and needed to be constantly chased up before it was finally completed 3 weeks late.

Since the end of July I have had a regular download speed of 130kbps which is somewhere akin to ISDN and for all this I am paying £23 a month.

Upon trying to cancel the service to move to a real ISP I was informed that before my MAC code is issued they want a £47 deferred house move fee. This is tantamount to extortion in my books as they seem to lack any ability to fix the issue but expect me to pay to leave.
9 REPLIES
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

Why is it extortion?

You asked them to defer the fee when you moved house.

If you had been happy at PN for the next 5 years you wouldn't have had to pay for it, but now you want to leave you are upset that they want a fee that you should have paid when you moved house?

A speed of 130kbs should surely trigger a faults investigation by BTW?
What steps have you been through to rectify your problem?

Also to quote the forum rules

The use of swear words, or disguised swear words, in a post is not Allowed on the forums. Any attempt to avoid the swear filter will be dealt with.
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

I asked them to defer the fee because I assumed I would receive a service worth using. As they can't supply the level service anyone would expect why is it so wrong to want a move.

As to the fault itself, I have escalated it as far as I can to the point where nothing more is happening, and I'm still paying for this.

Also, :-

The use of cock-up to mean a blunder or error was originally British military slang dating from the 1920s. The slang sense of cock clearly had a lot to do with its adoption, but this hasn’t stopped it being used in respectable publications, and modern British dictionaries mark it merely as informal or colloquial.

[Moderator's note by <Mark> (pcsni): Swear filter avoidance removed. Irrespective of your interpretation, the filter is there for a reason and deliberatley avoiding it is not permitted.]
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

Do you always spell it with a zero rather than the letter o?

If you could point to some reference to the British military spelling it with a zero rather than the letter o I would love to see them - do you have such a source?

I suspect not, and personally I find it insulting that you come to a forum and ignore the rules which are laid out for the enjoyment of the community as a whole. The word you used is on the censored list rightly or wrongly, and an attempt to bypass the filter is to my mind pretty petty.

If you do indeed have such an example, especially from a puclication which carries some weight of respectability I would love to see it, and will gladly retract my criticism of your use of the word. I have checked my dictionary, which was published in 2002, and it has no reference or record of the word you use. I would have expected the spelling to be present if it had indeed been in common use since the 1920's.

That aside, I am at a loss as to why you are disappointed that you have to pay a fee which you acknowledge you deferred - it seems ludicrous to suggest that you only expected the fee to be deferred if you received a service you expect. Had you paid the fee up front would you have considered requesting a refund?

What steps have you take to attempt a resolution?
What have/haven't PN done to help?

I understand that you are frustrated, but if you want help you need to give us some info to work with.
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

I think the chap in his frustration thinks it is a bit "rich" to be asked to pay a cancellation fee because of the poor service that has been purchased by him. After all most companies would give a refund or some other monetary compensation. The service regardless of who's to blame has been 3rd rate to say the least.That is my opinion as a new customer who is at least giving PN a chance to come up with the goods.
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

If plusnet want to charge me for the deferred fee then there's nothing I can do about it. The reason they want to charge is because I want to leave. Why do I want to leave? Because Plusnet's service is almost unusable and has been for six weeks. So looking at it this way, I'm being charged because Plusnet can't provide decent ADSL. Thats why I feel frustrated.

What have PN done to help? They've taken 3-4 days to respond to messages using the help assistant, they also mis-book BT so I miss work to stay at home for nothing. Only through waiting on the phone for over an hour do I find out it wasn't 'booked properly' and needs to be booked again. After BT's visit and inaction, it takes another three attempts to re-submit to BT. Every step of every process takes 3-4 days and problems just drag on and on.

This is not the ISP I joined and have recommended to others. Plusnet has changed in a very negative way over the last few months and appearing to do nothing won't endear them to anyone.
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

I think some people want to get their heads from up their bottoms and take note at the way paying customers are being treated and at least sympathise with their frustrations.It's a brilliant system to sell someone something that isn't fit for purpose and then make them pay to give it back. I take my hat off to them, pure genius.
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

I notice that no one from Plusnet wants to defend their position or the compamy. Do I assume that PN employees are as frustrated as the customers?
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

Tonight Plusnet referred me to their T's & C's and I thought that the following was of particular interest:-

Our Obligations
PlusNet has a number of obligations that are required by UK legislation. These obligations ensure our customers are provided with choice and consumer protection. PlusNet takes these obligations very seriously as they ensure that the needs and demands of our customers are met and that we deliver a service which is second to none.

This is a direct quote from your own T's & C's and clearly shows that you are in breach of all of them.
1. I have no choice
2. If you take them seriously, why don't you respond?
3. You haven't come anywhere near to meeting my needs and demands.
4. Your service is second to none. If I had no service, you would come next.

So clearly you are in breach of your own contract.
N/A

A Bunch of Bandits

Hang on a moment, their service is second to none, none came first.