cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8mb

N/A

8mb

I have been advised that I can change my 2mb connection to 8mb for free.

Please can someone advise how?

Thanks

Matt
4 REPLIES
N/A

8mb

One word Matt. DON'T!! keep your 2mb line. If you read these forums in depth you'll hear all sorts of horror stories regarding the upgrade to maxdsl. BT couldn't run a bevvy night in a brewery. (It is not a plusnet process). If you have a stable 2mb service i would strongly recommend you keep it.
N/A

8mb

Whilst their have been a lot of problems, if you are not to worried about a few disconnects then it should be fine to regrade.

Your experience will vary depending on your line conditions.
shellsong
Grafter

8mb

If you've got good SNR figures so that you synch at 8128 Kbps with SNR in hand like I have, you should experience no traumas in particular. The main problems tend to arise when you are on a long line with poor SNR
hillers
Grafter

8mb

Well speaking personally from being maxed from 1mb for nearly 2 months and experiencing problems with constant random disconnects that look like SNR issues with being on a long line, I DONT advise upgrading yet until issues are solved.

Customer support has not been much use since most replys involve the sentence of no fault found like on the BT fault line test and raising the issue with BT as a possible fault at my expense, and woosh test results. One CS person mentioned a possible SNR issue, but asking about having this increased when I was lucky to get thru when I phoned it fell on deaf ears as another CS person on the phone did not want to comment on another person advise (So why having multiple people answering tickets) Sad