cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8Mbit upgrade - is it happening, suspended or a non-event?

N/A

Hello,

I subscribe to the "Broadband Premier" £21.99 plusnet account as I have a fairly large data transfer every month, however the 8MBit upgrade seems to have been a total non-event in my neck of the woods.

According to the availability checker, my exchange is active:

Exchange Code EMHOARC
Exchange Name HOAR CROSS
Status Active

...however my line sync speeds are well below par:
May  5 18:38:30 cerberus modem_run[29903]: ADSL line is up (1152 kbit/s down | 288 kbit/s up)

May 7 18:09:27 cerberus modem_run[334]: ADSL line is up (1152 kbit/s down | 288 kbit/s up)
May 10 05:49:19 cerberus modem_run[18947]: ADSL line is up (1152 kbit/s down | 288 kbit/s up)
May 22 13:49:02 cerberus modem_run[334]: ADSL line is up (1152 kbit/s down | 288 kbit/s up)
I know there have been issues with the BTwholesale rollout tool, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer as to if my low speeds are down to line condition, simply not having been upgraded yet or skipped for the upgrade programme.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
--Harry
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Harry.

The MAX DSL rollout, as you may be aware, has been problematic to say the least.

The bulk regrade tool has been suspended by BT for all ISP's and this will clearly have an effect on how quickly the process completes for plus Net customers.

Plus Net dont expect the MAX regrades to complete for existing customers untill the last quarter of this year. But that is not set in stone as so much is dependant on BT sorting out the current mess.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but its about as concrete as it gets right now.

You should get an email prior to being max'd and that should be an indicator for you.
N/A

Hi Mark,

Actually, that's about what I thought Smiley

It's just that there's a distinct lack of coherent information as to exactly what as a customer you have right now, should have, could have, are entitled to and when!

Obviously anything to do with BT is never as simple as it should be, so I guess I'll just sit tight for the moment!

Cheers for the quick reply,
--Harry