cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8Mb Upgrades

N/A

8Mb Upgrades

I posted this in another thread but haven't had any response from PN or anyone else so I thought I'd better start a new thread:

OK,even accepting all the reasons for the delays explain this to me: I have a home connection and a business connection and put my upgrade requests in for both within ten minutes of each other. My home connection is currently in the middle of its 10-day test period whereas my business connection hasn't even received the email saying the upgrade will be carried out shortly yet. I've just opened a ticket with the following message:

Some time ago I requested a free, automatic upgrade to "Up to 8 Mb" on both my home and business connections. Currently my home connection is 6 days into the 10-day test period but on my business connection I haven't even had the email advising me you're about to upgrade yet. Given that the request on both connections was put in on the same day could you please let me know why you have not yet upgraded this connection. Thank you.

However I'm posting this message here as well because, as we all know, even though the response time currently being given on tickets is nine hours and some, when Plusnet dosn't like a query response time tends to be anywhere between two days and NEVER.

I've had a couple of replies from PN to the ticket but they just keep telling me I can fast-track my upgrade by paying £5. What they seem incapable of doing (or perhaps are too embarrassed to do) is actually answer the real query which is how come two requests on two connections made within ten minutes of each other are dealt with weeks apart? As I keep saying to them, my home connection is almost at the end of the 10-day test period but I've had no notification of any activity on my business connection, please explain. All I got back in the last reply was: It normally takes 8 weeks for a request to be processed. You can upgrade overnight for £5. Why won't they answer a simple question with a direct answer? What are they trying to hide?
68 REPLIES
macindog

8Mb Upgrades

You're lucky. I've never had a response to my request to have my line upgraded to DSLMax and that was put in months ago.

My exhange has been DSLMax capable since April so the only reason I can think of for the delay is for cost savings by PlusNet.

Im going to reapply for the upgarde but if I don't hear something soon, I'm seriously considering migrating.
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

I know, Oggie, Plusnet have always been absolutely hopeless - perhaps that's why they're about to sell out to BT (so the financial pages have it). Unfortunately they still offer the best deal going which is why I'm still with them. Believe me, if I could find another ISP offering the same value for money I'd be off like a shot!!! One thing's for sure though - I wouldn't dare ever recommend anyone to sign up with them without making sure I provided chapter and verse on their failings!!!!!
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

sky broadband offer a 40gb capped with up to 8mb adslmax for £17.99. Which i think is not bad Cheesy
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

Not bad but doesn't really compare with £21.99 which gives you an allowance of 15Gb per month during peak time plus completely unlimited off-peak. Add to that the fact that peak-time is only 4pm to midnight and 40Gb starts to look rather small and mean.
macindog

8Mb Upgrades

Agreed, 40Gb isn't great if you do any amount of serious downloading. Being able to download huge files overnight at no hit on your allowance is a real plus point.
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

Well, well, well!! Just goes to show it's worth making a nuisance of yourself and kicking up a stink. I received an email from PN this morning informing me my business connection would shortly be upgraded. I'm sure they'd say it was sheer co-incidence and had nothing to do with my having a go at them - I say draw your own conclusions!!
macindog

8Mb Upgrades

Strangely, so did I so here's hoping it all goes well as I actually quite like the normally glitch-free service I get from PlusNet.
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

Gosh, if I mention my upgrade request has been in for ages, do you think I'll get it done pronto Wink
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

Possibly but only if you kick up a bit of a stink! You know the sort of thing, raise a ticket, start a thread on this forum and keep needling them for a few days!!

Best of luck
mooneyfamily
Grafter

8Mb Upgrades

Hi All,
What's the going rate?
I requested on 11th September. Since then silence. Is 6 weeks about right or can I expect to wait a lot longer?
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

One of the "answers" I got to the ticket I raised was that upgrades tend to be done about eight weeks after the request is received. You should probably hang on for about another three weeks then start prodding them.
kwhawell
Grafter

8Mb Upgrades

guys, I need a quick answer to this, I have received the email stating that I'll be upgraded to dslmax shortly, how exactly will I know when I'm up and running? the email came in on 23 October 2006 at 17:32 telling me that I'll shortly be upgraded, when exactly is shortly, and is there anything I need do? do you get any more information from PN when it's done? just curious since I don't know if it's working yet router still synched at 2 meg.
N/A

8Mb Upgrades

You'll receive another email telling you it's been upgraded and the ten-day trial has started on the day. With my home connection it was exactly a week after the email you've received. I wouldn't rely on it being the same for you though!!
macindog

8Mb Upgrades

I received one of those "We're pleased to inform you that your broadband will shortly be upgraded to give you 'up to 8Mb' speeds." back on the 23rd of October and have heard nothing since.

I'm wondering what they regard as "shortly" as well or is it yet another delaying tactic in the hope that we'll stop bothering them.