cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8MB

JaM3z
Grafter

8MB

Hi all, just wanted to know who has 8MB and what option you are on, i am currently on premier option 1 and i can get 8MB in my area but i still only recieve 2MB from plus.net yet they advertise 8MB with premeier packeage option 1 but i am not receiving it.

The reason i ask is because my next door neighbour with another ISP has full 8MB, yet i am still only on 2MB and the extra speed would be really helpfull when uploading large files to my server and lower pings in online games.

Is this just a upgrade process? or am i missing something

Kind Regards

Andy

Sorry if in posted in the wrong section
5 REPLIES
N/A

8MB

PN is in its upgrade process, those who are getting it now were just top of the list.

ive not long been upgraded despite the upgrades going on for months and im on Option 1 like yourself
JaM3z
Grafter

8MB

i hate waiting Sad
GersFans
Grafter

Re: 8MB

and lower pings in online games.

My pings have more than doubled since being MAX'ed, tonight my ping to the game server is 132 where it is normally [pre MAX] 35-50. Latency is terrible on the gaming aspect and to be honest a waste of time.

My fragrate is dropping quicker than Plusnets share price..

So don't be in too much a hurry to switch to 8mb, its still in beta mode going by the problems people are having.

[Check the graphs out in my signature below, think you could play CS or AA with that connection....because thats what your going to get until the gremlins are ironed out..] :roll:
JaM3z
Grafter

8MB

right thanks for that, dont upgrade me in a hurry then i userally get 9ping to most servers for CSS and 18-30 ping for battlefield 2, a ping of 138 on either of those is not good

Thanks for those graphs mate

-Andy
N/A

8MB

My 8mb conversion is a shambles - as is many others by the look of the forums. Dialup using a 1200 baud modem would be quicker and more reliable at the moment.

You say your mate next door is happy with his service - could you let people know who that is? There appear to be lots of people looking for somewhere else to go.