cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8MB Upgrade

N/A

8MB Upgrade

Does anyone know what the roll-out timetable is for the 4-8MB upgrade?
21 REPLIES
N/A

8MB Upgrade

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

There is no definative information on this at present. BT will be rolling out the public trials for these speeds in the very near future. However, the actual full roll out is unlikely to take place before April 2006.

This is not concrete information but based on the snippets currently available.

Hope that helps.
N/A

8MB Upgrade

q1 2006 if we are really lucky
N/A

8MB Upgrade

Its "Comming Soon" :roll:

Some are saying sometime in the early part of next year!
N/A

8MB Upgrade

a couple of people have told me that its happening end of this month ..
N/A

8MB Upgrade

Can we volunteer for the trial?
N/A

8MB Upgrade

a couple of people have told me that its happening end of this month ..

names Tongue
what ahave u heard ?
N/A

8MB Upgrade

my own exchange will be updated in a few weeks to 24 meg another company that im not sure im allowed to mention are charging £24 pm wonder how many are going to jump ship from plusnet who cant even state when 8 meg is going to arrive... :shock:
N/A

8MB Upgrade

that is llu,
plusnet is bts wholesaler.

llu can go quicker, becuase they have their own equipment
and not bt to rely on.
N/A

8MB Upgrade

if you go onto f2s web site you can have a look to see if and when your exchange is going to be upgraded to take the 8mb and 24mb service Cool
N/A

8MB Upgrade

Is it it really going to be that long (April 2006)? 24mbps ADSL2+ will be all over the place by then! (my exchange is due for Feb 2006 upgrade according to one 24mbps vendor's web site)

I remember back in March/April of this year (when we all thought we'd get 8mbps for free... Wink ), the supposed timescale was around now (August/September trials, subsequent roll-out).
Come on, PlusNet, I'm itching to upgrade!

I would've hoped it was imminent, given that the web site front page makes generous of the 'speeds up to 8mb' statement.
Community Veteran

8MB Upgrade

You may be waiting a long time for general availability of ADSL2+ because it is only just being trialled by BT and those ISPs such as Be offering it now are using LLU lines so will be limited by what exchanges have been upgrade to support LLU (which is very small compared to the total number of exchanges BT have in the UK).

PlusNet can't do anything about the timescales for >2Mbs speeds as that is controlled by BT and BT are saying April 2006 for general rollout.
N/A

8MB Upgrade

People should bear in mind that >2Mbit speeds (aka MaxDSL) that is "expected" in April 2006 *will not* be every ADSL enabled exchange at once...
N/A

8MB Upgrade

so why is it im now paying the full amount for 4mb (and will be for what, another 6/7 months?), getting the same speed as my friend's (2mb), but paying £10 extra? Shouldn't Plusnet take this into consideration and reduce the price until 4mb is actually available?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

8MB Upgrade

You are able to downgrade your account to the upto 2Mb package if you want. The upto 4 and 8Mb packages give you higher SUP limits as well though. Don't know if that effects you.

Higher speeds may be available from December now, using EasyNet LLU that was announced last week. For information about this see the Sticky in the Customer Feedback forums.

Phil