cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 meg upgrade

N/A

8 meg upgrade

I have been a customers for a long time and I am still on 2 megs. i have raised a ticket to upgrade to 8 meg after a week nothing had happened.

I raised another ticket but it has now been another week and still I am on 2 meg.

How can I get my upgrade which i should have had months ago as i am paying the full price for only 2 meg
6 REPLIES
bikepump
Grafter

8 meg upgrade

i put in my upgrade request last Monday cgrey.

from my understanding regardless of when you put in your request, the request will be processed on the next Friday, ie. mine should have been processed yesterday. From then on it will take BT around 7-10 days for line testing, in this space of time it's a good idea to keep rebooting your router (if you have one) forcing it to re-sync and get you the fastest speeds possible.

basically :

apply for request - Monday 26th
Request processed - Friday 30th March
Line upgrade complete - Friday 6th to Mon 9th

hope you can understand Cheesy

bikepump
Community Veteran

8 meg upgrade

BT can still take 7 -> 10 days to action a Max upgrade request and only when the upgrade has been done does the 10 day trialling period start.
Community Veteran

8 meg upgrade

BT can still take up to 7 days to action a Max upgrade request and only when the upgrade has been done does the 10 day trialling/testing period start.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

8 meg upgrade

@cgrey

Your upgrade request has completed, we were waiting for the system to update internally. I've done this manually instead of waiting and you should be seeing higher speeds from now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

8 meg upgrade

I don't know if it's previously been mentioned but you'll need to restart your modem/router in order to see the higher speeds.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

8 meg upgrade

oops yes sorry, forgot to mention that part. Thanks lestones/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team