cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Mb Max'd Yesterday But Now No Sync

N/A

I received an e-mail yesterday confirming the initiation of the 8 Mb upgrade. Connected, disconnected, and reconnected a couple of times - receiving reported connection speeds of 4.7 MBps, although as described by Plusnet system wasn't necessarily responding that fast and connection also dropped out a couple of times. Then no connection at all. Couldn't get modem to sync - only one light on - and couldn't connect at all. De-installed then re-installed modem driver and now nothing. Get green flashes a couple of times on modem, 2 flashing yellow arrows on screen with a 'No Signal' comment when I hover mouse over modem arrows. HELP!!
3 REPLIES
N/A

I have just left PN, I signed up in July and had disconnections randomly and repetetively, and losses of synch too. I had speed fluctuations beyond belief, and I think you are in for a very rough ride. Just have a look through the forums and you will see what I mean.
N/A

Thnaks for reply but looks like my worries may have been unfounded - hopefully not speaking too soon! Re-installed modem software for 5th time tonight and - hey presto - 3.4Mbps connection. Watching this space.....
N/A

Good luck, I wish you well.