cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7days and still checking line

N/A

I was told 5 days ago that I would be given a date for activation within 48 hours........
15 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi there,

Not sure what has happened but it appears there was an error when the order was first submitted. I've placed this again and put a ticket on your account with myself to track the progress of this. Sorry about that, but I'll make sure it goes through for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Thanks Chris
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You're welcome, I've given the automated system one more chance, and if no order is showing up first thing tomorrow morning I'll try to place it manually.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

I've been given the 17th for activation. That is 15 days after sign up....a bit different to the 5-7 days promised at the atart.
Community Veteran

It's 5 ->7 days once the order reaches BTW but it appears in your case it did not get that far.

The automated ordering system does work in the majority of cases but sometimes it fails for reasons outside PlusNets control - the BT system can sometimes reject orders which when submitted again with exactly the same information are accepted.
N/A

Oh great, now it says there is a problem on my line, so another wait no doubt. Any idea what it could be anyone?
N/A

Broadband set up thanks but can't get online yet. Using a modem and Linux so presume the problem is there. Anyone help please?
Liam
Grafter

At this end, we can see that you are currently connected and have been for some time. What are you using as a modem / router?

Are you able to ping 212.159.6.9 (our DNS servers)?

I'm not too familiar with configuring a Linux machine, but do you have any firewall rules setup that could be preventing access?
N/A

Sorry I meant router.

Please speak more simply Smiley

I am not at home at the moment so cannot tell you which router
N/A

I doubt if a firewall is stopping it. How do I 'ping' 212.159.6.9?
Liam
Grafter

You say you're using a Linux machine? Do you know how to get up a 'Terminal' window. In the terminal window you simply type the command 'ping 212.159.6.9' (without the ''s) and see if it replies.
N/A

Thanks I will try it once I get back home and get back on to you.
N/A

It's working! Hurrah!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Brenda,

That's great news!
Let us know if you have any questions.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team