cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700% speed improvemetn!!!

geoffers
Grafter

After weeks of disconnects & speed < 0.5M - I am now getting 3.5Mbps on the spead test Cheesy with nearly 6M sync reported by the router.

Not sure whether something has been altered at +net/BT end yet, but I did have a BT engineer in yesterday, who replaced some dodgy looking wire where it enters the house and added a new "NTE5" master terminal (so I can now get the built-in filter faceplate).

Probably a bit premature to post this, but hopefully this has fixed my problems and I can return to being a happy +net customer.

Geoff
5 REPLIES
Tiger50
Grafter

Glad your sorted.......

1 fixed...........10,000 to go ha ha :roll:
cossey
Grafter

Nice to hear some good news for a change but you do seem (unfortunately) to be in the overwhelming minority.
geoffers
Grafter

Fingers crossed,but 24hours with NO DISCONNECTIONS at all :!:

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about +net stock reply, to move your router down to the main phone socket etc. But having done this, and also got BT out to upgrade my master socket and incoming line etc seems to have done the trick!!
Slipperymack
Grafter

Glad at least one person is happy.

He says after 94 days of a ****** connection.
N/A

After over 2 months of problems after not being informed that the line had been upgraded which has created all og my problems, I too have had the domestic wiring changed and a BT master socket fitted.

I too had no disconnections after 24 hours but the problem is gradually creaping back.

Yes, the BT socket has helped. Better it may be BUT it still drops the connection much more that than before the line was upgraded.