cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

619 / 8,156 Transfer speeds. Free upgrade?

N/A

I was downloading tonight, and could not work out why I was getting a constant download speed of 765ks. Anyhow I checked my router and there is was 619 up 8156 down.

I presume I’ve been upgraded to 8MB, any information if this is permanent, I’ve not had any email from PlusNet about this.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Keep your fingers crossed! Cheesy Well, I had 300kb/s for 3 days (10-13 August) then back to normal (80kb/s max.) since. No information supplied by PlusNet as to whether I'm on the LLU thing, MaxDSL or otherwise. Not very good customer service really. I'd welcome some simple checks (or indicators) that would show what I'm getting (or not).
N/A

Try the BT speed test - speedtester.bt.com (make sure you follow the instructions on how to connect to the speedtest account). This will only work if you are on BT DSL or MaxDSL - it won't work if you are connected through LLU. That should let you work out what you're connected through.

Cheers

Chris
N/A

Thanks for that. Unforunately (for me) I have a problem in that my 3Com OfficeConnect router demands a password for the user ID and it won't allow an empty field that the BT SpeedTest needs so I'm unable to run this! I've tried putting something in it but it's not connecting.

Cheers,
Chris
N/A

Try "testing" as the password, that may work.
N/A

Thanks once again for that. Still no luck! I also found http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27 and followed that but unable to connect in any way.
N/A

It won't have it! Does this indicate that it's not BT anymore but part of the Tiscali LLU thing?
N/A

Yes it does.

I hope it remains stable for you!
Njal
Grafter

There's a list here:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-league.php?type=tiscali

of the exchanges Tiscali have got their kit in.

Exchange search here:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

gives info on exchange in question including the presence of various LLU suppliers.

Regards,

Neil
N/A

I was told by PN that the SAMKNOWS LLU exchange reports aren't up to date.I lost my sync on the 28th. I was told by PN that is Tiscalli's issue. According to SAMKNOWS my exchange isn't Tiscalli enabled. According to PN it is.

I bought a new modem/router (OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router), cause my old equipment, (VIGOR 2200 USB + SPEEDTOUCH USB STINGRAY) would not sync.

Its syncing now with:

Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Up Stream 283 (Kbps.)
Down Stream 187 (Kbps.)
N/A

Thanks for that. It may explain why I'm getting regular loss of connection. MaxDSL then.... any simple indicator to show if it is or not?

Cheers,
Chris