cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60gb per month downloads on 512k...

N/A

what does this new "cap" mean for me and how much more is it going to cost me to download 120gb per month or am i going to get limited on my supposed unlimited service i pay forHuh
7 REPLIES
N/A

Firstly it's not a cap, despite what you may have been told.

Secondly what service are you currently on?
N/A

Unlimited doesn't mean that you own the entire pipe/s for your exclusive use, 120 Gb/mth seems to me to be an unrealistic expectation without special arrangement.

Whilst PlusNet could, without a doubt, accommodate you, you must appreciate that others have to share the resource for economic viability.

There's no such thing as a free meal!!!!!!!!
N/A

i'm on premier 512k
N/A

malnet, please don't make infamatory remarks, it doesn't help anyone.

digitalworld, from April, you accept usage threshold will be 30GB peak downloading and between the hours of 1-8am unrestricted downloading. So in theory, if you schedule your large download to between 1-8, you will get approx 250GB a month (if you factor in the 30GB as well).

As part of these changes, speed is no longer going to be the driving force behind cost. So you could in theory have an 8Mb line for the same price as a 1Mb line. The cost will vary according to your acceptable usage limit.
N/A

i think it would be a good idear if ou were to redo the email you sent out to all about the fair play

at first i was a bit hurt that you were going to cut my usage when in fact you have made it that my usage will in fact go up and so will my speed of upto 8mb this is great

but please tell all of this fact that they will get an incress of speed

in fact this has been lost in the fourms as the one i went through today every one is saying how their feal riped off that you are going to cap their unlinateaed connection when in fact you are going to incress their speeg and you are in fact just asking all to play fair and only use a fair amount of downloading

not that you are capping it and please explane that this is only because that some of use are using over 600gb a month as i have read and as i thought that thouse of us who do use 30-80 gb a month we thought we were using a lot then i fined this out about the 600 gb users i know where you are comming from now i belive that if you can say this to all you will not have as much neg feedback as you are getting at the moment

so please resend email stating all i have said and just make it clearer in your statment that this is a good thing and that in fact you are incresing connection speed by a lot and in fact your not capping the downloading just reducing the speed of thouse who chouse not to play fair

richard
N/A

I'll have to agrea with Richard. The email you sent out was very ambiguous. I had a call from a friend who also with PlusNet, who got the same email to me asking what it all ment.

Also currently I'm on 1mb, will I be able to upgrade to 2mb and stay at my current billing level and fair usage limit, and when BT get round to upgrading my exchange (I do live in the country) then upgrade again to 8mb if I can get it?

Gavin
N/A

I suggest that you all read the FAQs page on the upgrade, linked to from the e-mail that plusnet sent. It actually details how the fair usage policy is going to work and generally answers all of the questions that people have raised in the forums.