cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 days & no speed increase

vic_newey
Grafter

I've read all the threads regarding the BRA holding back speeds at 2 meg for 3 days or so but 6 days after my upgrade I'm still getting my original 1 meg speeds & haven't even reached the 2 meg in the first place

It seems my sync is settling for 2.2 as this is the speed it syncs at everytime now but no sign of any speed increase after 6 days now
6 REPLIES
N/A

What are you line stats like Vic?
vic_newey
Grafter

snr between 6&7 & attenuation 48
N/A

Any idea what they were before the upgrade?

Although your attenuation does seem quote high (mine is 52) so I am guessing depending on what your SNR value was before the upgrade that your looking at only 2-3MB max.

Any idea on how far you are from your exchange?

I am 1.95 miles from my local exchange and I dont expect to get much more than 3MB if even that when everything has gone through.
vic_newey
Grafter

SNR was 12- 14 & Atten was 50,
I am 2.40 kmtr from exchange & was always turned down for 2 meg before,
BT checker says I should get 3meg or more but no chance of that by the looks of it

Getting occasional loss of sync with router but constant connection with USB strangely enough
N/A

Using this checker: http://212.23.23.177/calc.asp

You should expect roughly 1.8MB max. The reason yours and mine is slightly different is my SNR is about 20, and SNR makes the difference in MaxDSL as you probably know. So that 6 point difference gives you a possible 3-4MB speed difference supposebly.

If I was you I would consider moving hehe Cheesy

Maybe drastic, but net is life!

---

Wait a minute here, I am 3.14 km away from the exchange. Maybe your line to the exchange has degraded or something. Sounds like you have a very dodgy wire to me.

There are a few things you can do which I would suggest you try. Most importantly removing the damn ring wire.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

Although BT dont like you doing this, I would say its a MaxDSL life or death situation for you. You could be looking at 3MB without the ring wire but you will never get 2MB or over with it connected with those line stats.
vic_newey
Grafter

problem is we've got a filtered master socket v1.0 so if I disconnect the orange then the extensions don't ring Evil