cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

512mb Easy Start contract up - Need advice

N/A

Everyone,

I have just finished my 1st years contract and want to upgrade to 1mb, looking around, I can get much better deals from various suppliers. If I cancel my account, does Plus "haggle" to try and keep you my matching the package or it is "we don't care if you leave, we have enough customers?"

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Jim
8 REPLIES
N/A

They have been known to "persuade" customers to remain.

How widespread that is i dont know.

If you dont ask, you dont get.

Regards

Mark
N/A

I don't thing there is any haggling though, or at least I have never seen any reports.

I am not sure the backend systems are setup to allow such allowances anyhow.
N/A

Your right Phillip.

I should have been clearer.

IIRC when customers ask for migration they tend to get a call from +net. On occasions they may get a one off incentive to stay. I am not aware of any special deals, long term to entice customers.

Regards

Mark
N/A

They called me to ask why I wanted to migrate away from Plus and to ask what could they do to make me stay.
All I got offered was to change to the same type of connection I am on now for £2.99 less a month...
hardly a reason for me to stay.
N/A

I am in a similar position

I also have Broadband EasyStart, and like you want to upgrade I have seen the equivalent of what we have cost £21.99 a month compared to the £24.99 a month we pay.

I agree £29.99 is a little steep for 1mb access and others are doing it cheaper, I was hoping that PlusNet would reduce the price (i know it is unlikely) but to keep in line with competition and the recent events re BT ...I was hoping that customers could get some of the benefits passed on.

I can't afford to pay to upgrade at the moment and will wait for a price war to happen :lol:
N/A

I also have Broadband EasyStart, and like you want to upgrade,trying at moment 2 find out if can go on the 2mb lite+5gb=£25.99 for upgrade only of £15,[as not using much at moment].Then when the price wars do start you could migrate to any1 with your 2mb line and wont need to pay new isp upgrade fee[as you still will if 512kb]so just wait and see best packages availible ,then get your MAC key and migrate[easy].?[zen ,nildram free 2 migrate,prices roughly same but no cap with them?]
N/A

Reliability vs Cost ?

Costs are always an issue - but then again so is Hassle!. You might save a few quid a month by going to another ISP but there are well known ISPs out there that are big hassle. I've been with Plusnet for a few years on BB and I haven't had any probs that were their fault (I had some BT hardware prbs a while ago which BT fixed for free).

So its a call between a few ££ per month and reliability.

I have a 2MB setup which is costing £19.99/m with a 2GB download limit - which I have never managed to exceed even though I surf the net quite a lot. Even if I were to exceed the 2GB limit, the costs are hardly likely to break the bank.

"Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice."
N/A

Why can't accounts be automatically changed?

One Year with Plusnet and Broadband EasyStartSmiley , mostly a very good service until recently where there has been the odd random disconnections. Ping rate generally very good when I play ET online.

As the subject says why can't PlusNet change people over to the new equivalent packages. My guess is because they can get people paying £24.99 a month instead of the £21.99 a month the equivalent package now stands at.

Broadband EasyStart, was brought out to give people the opportunity to get into broadband effortlessly i.e. activation, modem and unlimited access. It was a very good scheme for PlusNet.

The £24.99 price was due to paying monthly fees towards the cost of the modem mostly, now that most people have paid this off. Why cant they be offered the new rate of £21.99 for free? Simply by updating people in the database who have Broadband EasyStart, to the new name.