cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N/A

I wonder if anyone has the same problem?......i am on Plusnet BB+ and connected at 512 and the broadband availability checker says that i can only get 512........i have done an address and postcode check on all the surrounding houses of my neigbours and the checker says that they can get 1mb! even my next door neigbours can get 1mb.

I spoke to plusnet a while ago and the confirmed that i can only have 512.
9 REPLIES
N/A

What are your line stats from your modem or router?
N/A

Downstream line att is 53db and the noise margin is 27db.

Thanks.
N/A

those figures sound like they could support 1meg. i'm no expert, though.

if you could get next door's line stats and if they were identical you would have all the proof you needed.
Community Veteran

Those figures will support 1Mbs as your line atten is below the 60dB upper limit for 1Mbs speeds. Your SNR is also very good.
N/A

Downstream line att is 53db and the noise margin is 27db.

Your attenuation is identical to mine and your SNR is better, mine is 19db.

I have 1Mb speed with stable connection and good speeds so yours should be OK

Raise a ticket with Plusnet tell them your stats and ask for a manual upgrade to 1Mb. it will unfortuately cost you £14.99 but worth it.

Smiley
N/A

Thanks chaps, i shall raise a ticket and see where that gets me!
N/A

I would just like to say thanks to plusnet customer support for their prompt reaction to my raised ticket and a special thankyou goes to Mr Saffron for getting BT to fix their broadband checker Cheesy
pt1158
Dabbler

I'm in a similar position on 512k Premier. The BT checker says I can only get 512k but the postcode checker says 1Mb. My line stats are as follows:

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 30.4 29.0 dB
Line Attenuation 42.0 31.5 dB
Errored Seconds 2 3
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 2 6
Data Rate 576 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

These should be easily good enough for 1mb, possibly 2Mb depending on how the line checks out on the day of the upgrade. (Still waiting patiently!!)
How do I know if my line will ever be upgraded - do BT simply look at the checker and decide that I'm already on the maximum my line will support? If so then can someone at Plusnet request a manual regrade?
I wish i'd paid for a regrade back in April if I'd known how long this 'free upgrade' debacle was going to take.
N/A

I`m on 1.1mb now! been on 512k for 2 years cos the checker said 512 and i didn`t think to question it Shockedops: It was worth the £14-99 yesterday though and this morning i was upgraded....good service from plusnet again for me.