cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

512K / 1M Upgrade

N/A

512K / 1M Upgrade

I'm currrently on Broadband Home 512K 1GB limit monthly contract paying £14.99/month and thinking of upgrading to 1M, leaving everything else the same, as I can get this for the same monthly payment

I'm aware of the one-off upgrade fee, but when I attempt to upgrade online, it claims the fee is £24.99, where as by my reckoning it should only be £14.99 as I come under what is called 'Option 1' in the Upgrade Guide..

To quote a line from the upgrade guide.....

".An upgrade to increase your speed costs £14.99 inc VAT, unless you move from an annual to monthly contract, in which case the cost is £24.99 inc VAT"

I'm already on monthly contract so am not moving anywhere, therefore why the higher price?

Richard.
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

512K / 1M Upgrade

Hi Richard,

The price for yourself should be £14.99 for the regrade. Exactly where in the upgrade path does it say £24.99 and which route through the portal do you go through to get there?
N/A

512K / 1M Upgrade

I go via,

My Account
Connection Settings
Upgrade Account
Select 1M, 1GB included, Proceed

The next page states a monthly payment of £14.99 (correct), but the one-off upgrade fee states £24.99.
Richchad
Grafter

[b]512K / 1M Upgrade[/b]

I have not seen any reply to the previous post...........

I am on ADSL Home Surf - Special Offer, 512k with unlimited bandwidth at £18.99pm on a monthly contract.

I wish to change to 1Mb with 2Gb limit at £16.74pm.

Looking at the Upgrade guide I should select Option 1 as I wish to remain on the same monthly contract and under Home Surf it quotes £14.99 one off payment.

So if I complete the details in 'Regrade Speed Only (e.g. ADSL Home > Broadband Home 1Mb Upgrade)' and submit will I only be charged £14.99 one off payment immediately, and a new mothly charge of £16.74?

Also what are the cost implications to upgrade later to 2Mb or change my bandwidth limit?

Regards
N/A

512K / 1M Upgrade

Correct about the one off payment.
Future speed changes up or down will cost you.
Change of capping only is at no cost.
Richchad
Grafter

512K / 1M Upgrade

Thanks for that Paul, I have just put in my request to change to 1Mb.

Does anyone know if all the new packages now include anti virus etc......?
N/A

512K / 1M Upgrade

Yes, Broadband Home includes anti-spam and anti-virus.

Has anybody else come across the same problem mentioned in my original query?

Richard.
Community Veteran

512K / 1M Upgrade

I believe it has been mentioned at least once on ADSLguide's PlusNet forum.